Bread and Royal Circuses...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121

What's the point in watching the coronation? We already know who the ruling Monarch is... Boring. Like knowing what the FA Cup final score is going to be before watching. Completely pointless....

D

Deleted member 28

What's the point in watching the coronation? We already know who the ruling Monarch is... Boring. Like knowing what the FA Cup final score is going to be before watching. Completely pointless....

I suppose it's like watching any parade, if people like the spectacle it's up to them.

I'm assuming you were/are in the Navy, did you never take part in a parade or military display for example?

There are other channels available.

Ian H

Guru
Anyone up for a day on a bike? It might be sensible to bring sandwiches.
Last time, when Di died, I found refuge riding 200k in Wales.

ebikeerwidnes

Bit like going to a Pink Floyd concert (other, inferior, music is available) when you already know all the tunes and words

although actually I don;t know the words - except to one song I suspect they will use - and even then only one verse.

icowden

Legendary Member

Because very few of us have seen one before. They don't come around that often. It's a good bit of fun to see the pomp.

D

Deleted member 28

Thankfully I’ll be on a 9-hour flight to the Caribbean, so I will miss all the subservient grovelling and cap-doffing.

Why do you see it as people 'grovelling' they're getting f*ck all by watching the coronation.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I love seeing the effort people go to to show how much they are not bothered.

Unless people regularly spend all day sat in front of the telly and are missing their daytime TV and soaps there's little impact it has on anyone, other than giving the non-retired amongst us a day off work.

If the weather is good I will either go for a ride or a walk as usual, if not I will probably watch a bit of it on the telly, and I'm certainly no Royalist.

multitool

Shaman

Isn't the purpose of ceremony often the attempt to project a meaning into something because the substantive meaning is either lacking or is different to the one desired to be projected?

matticus

Guru
I love seeing the effort people go to to show how much they are not bothered.

Unless people regularly spend all day sat in front of the telly and are missing their daytime TV and soaps there's little impact it has on anyone, other than giving the non-retired amongst us a day off work.

I have no problem with it ... unless R4 You and Yours is cancelled. THEN you will see some moaning!

Top Bottom