Bread and Royal Circuses...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
Oh, OK then. Matt is in fact a sexy 60 year old multimillionaire who has given up all his wealth and now just teaches yoga in Swindon to the homeless

FqGkr4JWYAIlout.jpeg.jpg

matticus

Guru
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64890702

Two things spring to mind here.
Firstly I’m surprised they have bothered with a Christening. Are we supposed to accept that they are religious people?
Secondly why use Royal titles for their children?
The hypocrisy of it is astounding.
Yes you bloody well are! Doesn't matter who they are, you need a farking cheek to question someone's religion. Or you could just ignore the event. There are other news stories to dissect, it's a big world.

what a stupid, point-scoring post ...

Beebo

Veteran
Yes you bloody well are! Doesn't matter who they are, you need a farking cheek to question someone's religion. Or you could just ignore the event. There are other news stories to dissect, it's a big world.

what a stupid, point-scoring post ...

Sorry it annoyed you,
but I have heard all about his alcohol issues, his cocaine problems, his counselling, his ayahuasca trips. But never heard about his faith in god.

But also why is he choosing to use Royal titles for his children, when he appears to have removed himself from the Royal family.

Reactions: C R

icowden

Legendary Member
but I have heard all about his alcohol issues, his cocaine problems, his counselling, his ayahuasca trips. But never heard about his faith in god.
But also why is he choosing to use Royal titles for his children, when he appears to have removed himself from the Royal family.
Well, he is on record fairly recently as saying that he is not religious. His wife will almost certainly be religious as she is American, and I did find a reference to her being brought up protestant. However, Harry's grandpa is the C of E equivalent of the Pope. So *that's* almost certainly why they have been baptised into the Church or England, just as Megan was christened by the C of E.

As for the Royal titles, he doesn't get to choose. Grandchildren of the King are Princes and Princesses. Harry is still a Prince. It isn't optional. The only thing he and his wife have chosen to do is not to use the honorific HRH.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Well, he is on record fairly recently as saying that he is not religious. His wife will almost certainly be religious as she is American, and I did find a reference to her being brought up protestant. However, Harry's grandpa is the C of E equivalent of the Pope. So *that's* almost certainly why they have been baptised into the Church or England, just as Megan was christened by the C of E.

As for the Royal titles, he doesn't get to choose. Grandchildren of the King are Princes and Princesses. Harry is still a Prince. It isn't optional. The only thing he and his wife have chosen to do is not to use the honorific HRH.

Surely, he/they can choose not to USE the Royal Titles?

Top Bottom