Bread and Royal Circuses...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
As for the Royal titles, he doesn't get to choose. Grandchildren of the King are Princes and Princesses. Harry is still a Prince. It isn't optional. The only thing he and his wife have chosen to do is not to use the honorific HRH.
We will agree to disagree on the religious bit. Seems hypocritical to me but hey ho.

Princess Anne never gave her children titles. Edwards children are not princes or princesses either. And their mum was quite high up in royal circles.

Well, he is on record fairly recently as saying that he is not religious. His wife will almost certainly be religious as she is American, and I did find a reference to her being brought up protestant. However, Harry's grandpa is the C of E equivalent of the Pope. So *that's* almost certainly why they have been baptised into the Church or England, just as Megan was christened by the C of E.

As for the Royal titles, he doesn't get to choose. Grandchildren of the King are Princes and Princesses. Harry is still a Prince. It isn't optional. The only thing he and his wife have chosen to do is not to use the honorific HRH.

And a reminder that this is the 21st century

Ian H

Guru
It appears that they have found another royal in a dusty cupboard somewhere, dragged him out, wiped him down, and made him Duke of Edinburgh. I wonder how many more there are stashed away? (those in Madame Tussaud's don't count).

ebikeerwidnes

It appears that they have found another royal in a dusty cupboard somewhere, dragged him out, wiped him down, and made him Duke of Edinburgh. I wonder how many more there are stashed away? (those in Madame Tussaud's don't count).

Hardly been in a dusty cupboard - he has been fairly prominent in the last few years and the promotion to Duke of Edinburgh was flagged well before Prince Phillip died
so not exactly a surprise announcement

Beebo

Veteran
Name one thing he's done, without Googling.

His low profile is probably his greatest asset.
But he’s clearly seen as a safe pair of hands for the second tier royal stuff.

When I flew to Cayman Islands he was sitting up front doing a low profile Royal visit which none of the others wanted to do. We didn’t even know he was onboard until we landed.
He delayed my exit from the plane by 10 minutes as he had to shake some hands before the plebs could get off.

D

Deleted member 121

His low profile is probably his greatest asset.
But he’s clearly seen as a safe pair of hands for the second tier royal stuff.

When I flew to Cayman Islands he was sitting up front doing a low profile Royal visit which none of the others wanted to do. We didn’t even know he was onboard until we landed.
He delayed my exit from the plane by 10 minutes as he had to shake some hands before the plebs could get off.

He was probably visiting the bank manager out there. Understandable to keep this a relatively low key visit.

Top Bottom