Brexit is going wonderfully as shown by these examples

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
F*cking hell, Thunderbird and Night Train?

If we're there, I'll be advocating for Buckfast.

F*cking hell, Thunderbird and Night Train?
If we're there, I'll be advocating for Buckfast.

Buckfast is foul. I concur with the expert opinion of the esteemed periodical, Viz.

Screenshot_20240923_145508_Chrome.jpg

Also, Google's AI overview of Buckfast info is lol funny. Starts with a Viz quote from Letterbox 'Putting 81p on a bottle of Buckfast but nothing on meths?..' then moves on to 'Some say it has tasting notes of berries and syrup'.

Ian H

Legendary Member
It's 'Bucky' and here is a review of it:-
https://lovindublin.com/entertainme...ily-american-wine-enthusiast-reviews-buckfast
An ungodly concoction made by seemingly godly men. I believe the Vatican needs to send an exorcist over to Buckfast Abbey as the devil’s works are clearly present there. After tasting this “wine,” the way I feel can only be described as akin to being under a bridge on one’s knees orally pleasing a vagrant while simultaneously drinking liquified meth through a dirty rag.

ebikeerwidnes

Port has no meaning without cheese.

The best way of mixing Port with Cheese is to dock a ship in the Port
load the cheese onto it
and dump the horrible smelly stuff in the deep ocean

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's 'Bucky' and here is a review of it:-
https://lovindublin.com/entertainme...ily-american-wine-enthusiast-reviews-buckfast
An ungodly concoction made by seemingly godly men. I believe the Vatican needs to send an exorcist over to Buckfast Abbey as the devil’s works are clearly present there. After tasting this “wine,” the way I feel can only be described as akin to being under a bridge on one’s knees orally pleasing a vagrant while simultaneously drinking liquified meth through a dirty rag.

I've read that review before, and others which are similar.

It's a fun drink to demonise and slag off, but the reality isn't actually that bad.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You're joking.

I thought you had better taste than that.

There's nowt wrong with Buckfast.

The greatest beverage that Scotland (or Ireland) had nothing to do with yet gets a hard time.

I'm only saying that because we're on the politics thread.

Top Bottom