But Where Are You Really From?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

The only Scottish Sikh chef I can think of who fits that description (apart from his accent) is Tony Singh who has an Edinburgh accent, having been born in Leith. Highly successful and often on the telly.

Leith isnae Edinburgh.

1669919068739.png

D

Deleted member 28

If you're not trolling you're doing an award winning impersonation of a troll.

This is that 'alternative opinion ' thing again, I disagree with your opinion so I'm a 'Troll'.

Have you people ever had a conversation in real life with people who think differently to yourselves and if so what do you say to them?

I would say exactly the same to your face.

D

Deleted member 28

Shep, do you troll?
Yeahbut, do you really troll?
Do your people troll?
Do they really troll?

What I do is give you another perception of things, which you clearly don't like, what do you do in real life when others disagree with you, call them a 'troll' and report them to your Mother?

The Crofted Crest

What I do is give you another perception of things
Indeed, for which I am grateful. Please carry on.

which you clearly don't like
But I do like it. It makes me question my own perception and think about the whys and wherefors of it.

what do you do in real life when others disagree with you
Talk to them. Hopefully humouressly and sensitively. I didn't call you a troll, I doubted whether you were one or not. In the same way lady Hussey (sp) doubted that a Black person could be British or not.

call them a 'troll' and report them to your Mother?
No, even before my mother died this year I never reported trolls to her.

Last edited:

slowmotion

The Crown's scriptwriters must think that Chrismas has come early. It's got to be good for a couple of episodes, surely?

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
How important is it to know what the unapologetic racist on the Smethwick omnibus thinks?

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
What do you do in real life when someone asks how important it is to know what the self-regarding racist on the Smethwick omnibus thinks?

mudsticks

Squire
pffft. I can disagree with her, or one of her opinions about Lady Hussey, or even one of YOUR opinions about her, without "writing her off". And none of those would make me racist.

"racist overtones" is a pretty wishy-washy phrase.
edit: The quote in the Guardian doesn't say that:

Is mudsticks misquoting? Or are the Graun sub-editing this stuff every hour just to get the message right??
Anyway, I disagree with her opinion that it's "overt racism". There, I said it - I disagree with a British black woman.

Well i'm sure you feel very big and brave for doing that - what a hero 👍🏼

Nobody said that 'any of this stuff' would make you racist'

Although denying someone elses lived and recounted experience of racism doesn't exhibit much in the way of allyship.

Clearly not an issue for some folks on here.

Some are even out and proud racists - go them - exhibiting the usual level of ignorance we've come to expect.

Would that those attitudes were only on here though eh??

Instead of actually being out there in 'the real world' where people experience this kind of racism everyday.

But yeah why not make it all about you and your being 'brave enough' to disagree with someone, as if you are the one who is going to be harassed or worse, just for existing with a particular skin colour.

Racist overtones isn't at all a wishy washy phrase, just as sexist, or homophobic overtones aren't.
There are more subtle ways of discrimination used on a routine basis, that people try to hide behind, but the meaning is clear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46084553

We all know it's a 'Black ' thing, the old posh bird fell for it and is now paying the price.

Completely set up for the likes of people on here but that's the way of the world these days.

I don't think anyone here was in any doubt about your ignorant racist mindset - and yes we also know there are lots of racists in 'the real world' too - we see and hear them most days - sadly you're not at all unique - your supposedly 'different' perspective isn't really that uncommon. .

But curious to know, who is this 'we' of whom you speak.??

Yourself and Bolders I guess.??

Such fine company 👍🏼

And what was 'set up' ??

You saying Lady Hussey had her interrogation sheet already written out??

Top Bottom