But Where Are You Really From?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
I highlighted your words in bold, perhaps, you didn't notice, so, just those words:

"duty to 'do the right thing' to check that everyone at the reception, knows how to behave themselves,"

perhaps, you mean to say:

"duty to 'do the right thing' to check that all everyone, welcoming guests, at the reception, knows how to behave themselves,"
You would think that was pretty obvious from the post.

But funnily enough not, in this case.
Can't think why ??:whistle:

If you'd like me to pick apart your posts for every possible tiny scintilla of potential misunderstanding by the very hard of thinking, then I'm sure everyone else will be relieved to hear, I'm not up for taking on the task..

I do however look forward to seeing your incisive and detailed critique on a few other folks literary efforts on here.

Oh but no that won't be happening will it.??

Maybe just a little more 'background' encouragement for our resident racist perhaps.??

Almost as brave as Matty boy ;)

Well done you 👍🏼

mudsticks

Squire

Screenshot_20221201-215401.png

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
You would think that was pretty obvious from the post.

But funnily enough not, in this case.
Can't think why ??:whistle:

If you'd like me to pick apart your posts for every possible tiny scintilla of potential misunderstanding by the very hard of thinking, then I'm sure everyone else will be relieved to hear, I'm not up for taking on the task..

I do however look forward to seeing your incisive and detailed critique on a few other folks literary efforts on here.

Oh but no that won't be happening will it.??

Maybe just a little more 'background' encouragement for our resident racist perhaps.??

Almost as brave as Matty boy ;)

Well done you 👍🏼

Would you like a tissue?

mudsticks

Squire
Thankyou! (again)
You're very welcome .

But just remember to keep on pulling up those Big Boy Pants..👍🏼
We don't want any droopy drawers now do we ?? ;)

And you'll have to manage to be all big and brave without me, for a little while now as I've got an assignment that isn't going to write it itself.

Still, without a deadline we'd just wibble on forever right :whistle:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I think I've mentioned before how I heard someone on the radio talking about how we have a single word, 'racism' which covers such a wide range of attitudes and behaviours that it begins to feel inadequate. All the way from unintended and unconscious microaggressions, to discrimination at work, to some very nasty situations indeed. It's all racism.
Indeed, and the bluntness of the word racist covers a multitude of sins in the same way as violence covers anything from a tap on the back of the leg to beating someone to death and polarises the debate from the start, turning it into attack and defend rather than listen and explain.
There's an awful lot that I'm not saying so please don't think that I am. But really, Royal Family in 'a bit racist actually' shocker? Whodathunk?
Is there any large family in the UK who can say there is not a bit of racism in there somewhere along the line? I know there are some in my family, of all ages, whose views are a bit iffy, and that's without counting the views of our many aides and ladies-in-waiting.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Indeed, and the bluntness of the word racist covers a multitude of sins in the same way as violence covers anything from a tap on the back of the leg to beating someone to death and polarises the debate from the start, turning it into attack and defend rather than listen and explain.

Is there any large family in the UK who can say there is not a bit of racism in there somewhere along the line? I know there are some in my family, of all ages, whose views are a bit iffy, and that's without counting the views of our many aides and ladies-in-waiting.

I'm not really referring to the family having a few old racists in it, more that the entire institution of the Monarchy is based on conquest and colonisation.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I'm not really referring to the family having a few old racists in it, more that the entire institution of the Monarchy is based on conquest and colonisation.

As is the history of the world and governments through the ages, including but not solely this country. At one stage royalty were the government but those days have thankfully long gone. Boundaries have been obliterated and/or moved since they were first established, and still continue to be.

The human race is responsible for everything that is good and bad about the world and none of us are responsible for the sins, or good deeds, of our ancestors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom