By-election

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member
Anyone you voted for ever win?

What did you win?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Not that I can vote in this but I'd rather pull my toenails out with pliers than vote for the Lib Dems. Their "coalition" was an absolute joke and the 180 on tuition fees was a disgrace.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Not that I can vote in this but I'd rather pull my toenails out with pliers than vote for the Lib Dems. Their "coalition" was an absolute joke and the 180 on tuition fees was a disgrace.

You can say similar about all the main parties though. I wouldn't vote Labour because of the Iraq war etc. I did stop voting Lib Dem because of tuition fees but right now I'd vote for whichever notTory has the best chance.

I sort of agree on tuition fees but as the junior partner in the coalition they'd not got the heft to carry it through. The situation after the election in 2010 was such that if a credible government was not in place very quickly there's have been a run in the markets making 2008 look like a spring day.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I agree with both of you @winjim and @Bromptonaut, it's just that was the thing that royally hacked me off about politics, until the independence referendum rocked up...

Mr Celine

There ought to be a fair number of Tory voters who followed the rules during the pandemic and are appalled by the revelations from Downing St.
If they vote at all it won't be for the tories or for labour.
If I had a vote in this by election it would go to the lib dems.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I sort of agree on tuition fees but as the junior partner in the coalition they'd not got the heft to carry it through. The situation after the election in 2010 was such that if a credible government was not in place very quickly there's have been a run in the markets making 2008 look like a spring day.

Tuition fees notwithstanding, a mistake they made was accepting a junior position within each ministry. That meant even though they put the brakes on several Tory policies, they were scapegoated by the left while the Tories were lauded by the right. They might have been better off taking fuller responsibility for some minor departments.

D

Deleted member 49

Tuition fees notwithstanding, a mistake they made was accepting a junior position within each ministry. That meant even though they put the brakes on several Tory policies, they were scapegoated by the left while the Tories were lauded by the right. They might have been better off taking fuller responsibility for some minor departments.
Like feck...they jumped in with both feet for austerity !

D

Deleted member 49

Phew we really dodged a bullet didn't we 🙄
With Lib Dem support, Osborne cut total expenditure by £14 billion. Public investment dropped from £60 billion in 2010 to £35 billion in 2016.But there just figures ! What about the human cost of austerity,the cuts to local services such as libraries,childcare centers etc ? They left Britain a poorer place that's there legacy !
Save the "we had to do it" or "Labour would have done it anyway" or maybe the all time classic "it'd have been even worse without us"
They can feck right off....but I'm sure you'll expect that from me.

Top Bottom