Bye Bye Democracy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
This is an important issue that needs to be resolved, affecting anything between 2% and 6% of the electorate, but nowhere near the end of democracy. It would be wrong to introduce the policy before the issue is resolved and it does need to be publicised.

But please don’t trot out the old “ first they came for....”.

They can't come for me if they don't know who I am.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Don't you believe it.

They're already behind you.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Or, once they have you they won't let you go until you can prove who you are, which you won't be able to do.

How long should we leave you to go quiet for before we contact the authorities to see if you have been deported?

Cirrus

That's what you think...
1667992716321.png

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I cannot speak for all of HK but people are more concerned about getting back to normal after the most stringent anti-covid measures in the world. HK has been essentially shut to the outside world for over 2 years. Also, no-one really wants to see any more demos after 2019 and, it appears, that HKers are quite happy with the quiet.

HKers are also quite pissed at the USA using HK as a weapon in their spat with China, started by Trump. This was a fight that we never wanted to be part of. The level of repression on the mainland is a worry, as it may creep here, as well as the 'Patriots running Hong Kong' policy. Tiannanmen Square memorials have been removed, wrongly. The proposed 'Patriotic Education Plan' worried many but seems to have been put on hold, for now.

We are not being repressed. We are not having a humanitarian crisis, as stated by HRW but not everything's perfect.

HK was a warzone in 2019 and I never want to see that again.

SCMP.com is your best bet for more balanced reporting in HK, and the comments sections are still as feisty as ever. Also, do not believe anything written in the Guardian about HK, they've gone full Daily Mail when it comes to us. Some of their stories are just nuts.

So are you a British national or a Hong Kong national now??? or is it the royal WE again lol

jowwy

Didn't take you long to wade in with your bullshit!

Just asking a question. When it's brexit you say WE as a british national and now its about honk kong, you use the term WE as well.....forget split personality syndrome , you got split nationality syndrome

Mugshot

Über Member
200w.gif

Just asking a question. When it's brexit you say WE as a british national and now its about honk kong, you use the term WE as well.....forget split personality syndrome , you got split nationality syndrome

Try learning English before telling others how to use it. Capital letters, apostrophes and commas are important.

jowwy

Try learning English before telling others how to use it. Capital letters, apostrophes and commas are important.

I've not told you how to use English in my above comment......but nice of you to change the conversation away from you again.

As for the rest of the comment, its only important to pricks who have no foot to stand on with their argument, so they change the narrative to suit. You sir, are that prick.

icowden

Legendary Member
Let me tell you this, having kids of 20 &23 one of the first things they do is make sure they have ID once they turn 18 as most pubs/clubs won't let you in without one.
You show me a student without an ID card.
How about you show me that they still have that card 2 years after they finish Uni?

The issue with national ID cards is that they are never trotted out for the right reasons. We already have national identifiers. Your National Insurance Number and NHS number for example. It would make sense to tie those together and link with a photo. No problem.

BUT

You need to roll out the new ID cards (or whatever you want to call them) for FREE. Issue them to every person currently registered with a National Insurance number or NHS Number.

Top Bottom