Climate Crisis: Are we doing enough?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Just a quick question for you protester types out there, why don't the stop oilers turn up at places like Santa Pod to air their views?

There's basically a single track road leading into the strip that would need no more than a dozen heroes glued to the tarmac to cause chaos.

Surely events like this are at the very heart of their protests, mind you it's a long walk from the nearest bus station.

You mean like this kind of thing ..??

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...l-just-stop-oil-protest-at-british-grand-prix

Seems like they already do, eh?

Your understanding of the urgency of the issue is appreciated 👍🏼

D

Deleted member 28

You mean like this kind of thing ..??

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...l-just-stop-oil-protest-at-british-grand-prix

Seems like they already do, eh?

Your understanding of the urgency of the issue is appreciated 👍🏼

Fair play to them, be interesting to see the fookers at the end of the 1/4mile as a top fueller goes past at 200mph. 🤣

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Protests always target high profile events/places.

Protesting at Santa Pod would raise its profile and potentially have the opposite effect of what they're trying to achieve.

I don't particularly agree with glueing yourself to things or chucking orange powder around, but it's got people talking.

mudsticks

Squire
Protests always target high profile events/places.

Protesting at Santa Pod would raise its profile and potentially have the opposite effect of what they're trying to achieve.

I don't particularly agree with glueing yourself to things or chucking orange powder around, but it's got people talking.

The thing is with the more 'extreme' type of protesting and activism is that it does get the issue talked about.

It also has the knock on effect that the more 'moderate' sort of actions, such as I go in for seem, well..

... very 'moderate' by comparison.

Anyhow up, whichever way you cut it, whatever your approach, climate change needs acting on now - ofc thirty years ago would have been a much better time to have been taking it seriously - but we are where we are.

matticus

Guru
I've noticed a lot of people promoting fossil fuel use suggesting extreme physical harm to folks like the JSO lot:
is this REALLY going to win the hearts and minds of normal people?? No-one I know wants tree-huggers to be run over, or beaten up by mobs; it seems a weird way to try to win the argument ...

mudsticks

Squire
Fair play to them, be interesting to see the fookers at the end of the 1/4mile as a top fueller goes past at 200mph. 🤣

Oooo such a macho petrol-head...

Are we supposed to be impressed.??

I've long considered that 'cockrockets' - are probs just a device for making up for 'deficiencies' in other areas ..??? 🍆🍆 *

*First aubergines ready already in case you were wondering .. 👍🏼

I've noticed a lot of people promoting fossil fuel use suggesting extreme physical harm to folks like the JSO lot:
is this REALLY going to win the hearts and minds of normal people?? No-one I know wants tree-huggers to be run over, or beaten up by mobs; it seems a weird way to try to win the argument ...

Maybe those people suggesting that physical harm be done to JSO'ers are in fact undercover moles, working for the 'good guys' ?!?!?

Clever stuff huh?? 🕵️

D

Deleted member 28

Oooo such a macho petrol-head...

Are we supposed to be impressed.??

I've long considered that 'cockrockets' - are probs just a device for making up for 'deficiencies' in other areas ..??? 🍆🍆 *

*First aubergines ready already in case you were wondering .. 👍🏼

Maybe those people suggesting that physical harm be done to JSO'ers are in fact undercover moles, working for the 'good guys' ?!?!?

Clever stuff huh?? 🕵️

Probs?
You're 50 not 14!

Are we supposed to be impressed?

fozy tornip

fozympotent
It's unbecoming to be squabbling like this while British tourists are experiencing living hell on flaming Greek islands.
Our thoughts should be with them.
Here's hoping they can all get safely home on aeroplanes to resume driving around our towns and cities in single occupant SUVs.

Ian H

Legendary Member
It's unbecoming to be squabbling like this while British tourists are experiencing living hell on flaming Greek islands.
Our thoughts should be with them.
Here's hoping they can all get safely home on aeroplanes to resume driving around their towns and cities in single occupant SUVs.

The news doesn't say much about the people who actually live there, who can't be flown back to their safe, comfortable homes.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
The news doesn't say much about the people who actually live there, who can't be flown back to their safe, comfortable homes.

The BBC online news does.

Chickens coming home to roost for enticing all those millions of tourists there on aeroplanes.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
That is a particularly unkind comment.

You noticed. Black humour can be unkind sometimes.

Deliberately so, like the post you were replying to.

Disclaimer: No tourists or Rhodes citizens were harmed in the writing of these posts.

Top Bottom