Climate Crisis: Are we doing enough?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
I noticed a Murdoch headline 'National Trust loses millions with eco-friendly investment fund'.

Probably due to the National Trust's Hilary McGrady co-signing that eco- letter. Slightly reminds me of the media campaign against the RSPCA for being anti fox hunting.

albion

Guru
https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/...la-braverman-home-secretary-itv-b1108250.html

Arguably, it is the first past the post electoral system at fault.

So torture OK as long as you announce you're about to do it? Got you.
You known the Police has special powers which includes using violence's right? One of the conditions is that the announce they are going to when possible.
Not to say that their approach is great seems a bit silly to me dutch police use somekind of stretchers / wheelbarrows (here at about 5 minutes in
View: https://youtu.be/M1zdG4_KwHY?si=hpVYaN4tVifjOK6L
)
Seems an better solution to me. I known almost everybody in this topic would be cheering the Police on for the same actions of it where a bunch of peaceful racist protesting but now slam them because it are climate activist but still, the police of course need to do their job too, think the wheelbarrow method is better then what we see above.

matticus

Guru
As someone claiming to be a Christian, surely all things need to be viewed through that lens ??

Or are you only a part timer.?

Agents of the authorities deliberately inflicting physical trauma upon non violent protestors - a manoeuvre that it has been shown can also cause permanent injury - that passes through your 'christian' moral filter does it.?

Give it a rest. How about discussing the issue?

What you've written is a load of distracting bollox. I can also guarantee it won't win over any christians reading it.

Do you actually think no atheists hold the same view expressed in the posts you're replying to?? Do you know the religious status of the officers inflicting pain on the protestors?

mudsticks

Squire
Give it a rest. How about discussing the issue?

What you've written is a load of distracting bollox. I can also guarantee it won't win over any christians reading it.

Do you actually think no atheists hold the same view expressed in the posts you're replying to?? Do you know the religious status of the officers inflicting pain on the protestors?

I was responding directly to someone who calls themselves a Christian, but who seems to think inflicting pain on non violent protestors is acceptable

Feel free to give it a rest yourself.

I am discussing the issue, just not in a way which you approve perhaps.

matticus

Guru
I am discussing the issue, just not in a way which you approve perhaps.

I wish you all the best with your personal attack approach. Of course I'd rather you actually discussed law enforcement, or the right to protest, or climate change ... but you don't need my approval, so knock yourself out!

mudsticks

Squire
I wish you all the best with your personal attack approach. Of course I'd rather you actually discussed law enforcement, or the right to protest, or climate change ... but you don't need my approval, so knock yourself out!

You've probably not noticed but I do discuss all those things too, relentlessly some would say - and not just here either.

You consider it a 'personal attack' to question how 'Christian Values' can be aligned with using violence on non violent protestors.

I think our interlocutor has a faith robust enough to manage that one.

If not, then a rethink might be needed.

matticus

Guru
You've probably not noticed but I do discuss all those things too, relentlessly some would say - and not just here either.

Yes of course - and very well, if I may say so!

IMO straying onto religion undermines these causes. Certainly when it hasn't been mentioned in the first place!

But do keep up the relentlessnes 👍

mudsticks

Squire
Yes of course - and very well, if I may say so!

IMO straying onto religion undermines these causes. Certainly when it hasn't been mentioned in the first place!

But do keep up the relentlessnes 👍

I could* knock out a quick essay on how patriachal religions have stood in the way of all kinds of social, and climate justice progress.

But in this case I was particularly interested in how a self proclaimed Christian could in any way shape or form excuse violence being done to peaceful protestors.

*But I'm off to Wales now to do some 'Real World' 'On the Ground' relentlessness - so that treat might have to wait for another day.

>>>>>

albion

Guru
Worth noting that, I assume since the National Trust joined the recent chorus against our our pollution government, the Torygraph has ran yet another Anti National Trust story.

Maybe the YHA should shout loud too. For them, publicity might generate some actual business for their cheap rooms.
As to the NT, they are likely 'useful idiots', being easy to paint as the 'privileged elite'.

Last edited:
Worth noting that, I assume since the National Trust joined the recent chorus against our our pollution government, the Torygraph has ran yet another Anti National Trust story.

Maybe the YHA should shout loud too. For them, publicity might generate some actual business for their cheap rooms.
As to the NT, they are likely 'useful idiots', being easy to paint as the 'privileged elite'.
Yeah the whole of the uk resolves around bashing the national trust for being woke, you tell 'em bro

albion

Guru
'The Conservative motion, due to be debated in Cardiff Bay on Wednesday, says the Welsh Parliament "has no confidence in the deputy minister for climate change given the record-breaking number of signatories to the petition.'
' "attempting to undermine the will of the overwhelming majority of Welsh people because he is unable to admit he has got it wrong".'

'Fark civilisation, fark climate change' is the current election slogan.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-politics-66890756.amp

Top Bottom