Cruella Braverman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You wade, tits deep, though sewers of unabashed right wing racist ordure with nary a murmur - "Hmm, sandalwood and frangipani" - while instances of left wing wimsy bring you foaming to a frothy crescendo.

Ought the LSE to be sending applicants from overseas to Rwanda?

Another self-indulgence of style over substance.

Better than too much Christmas pudding though.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Come on now children, play nice lol :whistle:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Come on now children, play nice lol :whistle:

Like you do?

@AuroraSaab - I don't know anything about the funding structures of universities, but it would be interesting to know about.

And I think the 50% subsidy is a good idea.

Qualifications are an interesting thing. Mine aren't worth the paper they are printed on. But I did learn a lot while achieving them. I suppose going back to the education discussion there are ways I'd change things which I don't think would be particularly difficult to implement, but it would take a lot of retraining within the teaching world. Particularly when it comes to understanding how to deal with children/adults who don't have a typical way of looking at things.

An ex of mine's little boy was going nuts at his old school, acting out in class, not understanding things, getting super frustrated. She got him into a different school and he's so much happier and getting what he needs. It's lovely to know what there are places out there like that.

Isn't it spouses and children of foreign students accompanying them that she wants to restrict?
What I saw included that but also wanted to restrict foreign access to so called 'low quality' courses.

As I see it selling courses, quality or not, to people from outwith the UK who are prepared to pay for them is an export and the purchaser are customers helping our balance of payments.

The nonsense is that we count those customers of UK PLC as migrants.

That our Universities are too dependant on foreign students is a different question and one for the Department for Education and not the Home Office.

D

Deleted member 28

Send them back to France then, why was it this country that she felt was the only place that was safe?

She could have claimed asylum in France, according to the story, they even took her to hospital after falling in the water so sounds pretty safe to me.

Most of you on here moan how terrible this country is yet happy to spend even more money on sorting this stuff out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send them back to France then, why was it this country that she felt was the only place that was safe?

Reunite the Mother with her children and then consider their claims in the round. That way the children are not in care at considerable cost to the council.

Is sending them back to France even an option? As I understand it we lost a return agreement as a consequence of Brexit.

And sorting out Asylum is not, in any way, an alternative to dealing with child poverty etc.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Refugee family split joining a small boat. Children now in UK but Mum in France. Home Office spouting the usual stuff:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ritrean-family-separated-as-they-boarded-boat

She said she believed the UK was the place where she would find safety and a respect for the human rights of her family.

If she makes it over here, let's hope she meets someone more empathetic than Shep or Numbnuts, so that we can preserve this flattering illusion about our nation.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Periodic reminder for the gammons that the UK’s High Court has ruled that it is legitimate for someone seeking asylum to do so in the UK after passing through other ‘safe’ countries, and the UK Court of Appeal has ruled that those who cross the Channel to claim asylum here are not breaking the law by arriving in the UK this way.

Periodic reminder for the gammons that the UK’s High Court has ruled that it is legitimate for someone seeking asylum to do so in the UK after passing through other ‘safe’ countries, and the UK Court of Appeal has ruled that those who cross the Channel to claim asylum here are not breaking the law by arriving in the UK this way.

AIUI that principle is in International Treaties. Government now trying to make Asylum arrivals illegal may contravene that. Do we leave the UN for our sovrintee?

Where are we going to jail 40,000 illegal entrants? The gaols are full already.

Top Bottom