Cruella Braverman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cirrus

AIUI that principle is in International Treaties. Government now trying to make Asylum arrivals illegal may contravene that. Do we leave the UN for our sovrintee?

Where are we going to jail 40,000 illegal entrants? The gaols are full already.

In theory you only need to convict, a criminal record would bar from consideration?

In theory you only need to convict, a criminal record would bar from consideration?

I'm not sure about that.

Asylum is about whether you are in fear of persecution. Conviction for a relatively minor offence with good mitigation in order to enter the country is not relevant. I doubt it would even cross the threshold to bar them from Citizenship later on.

D

Deleted member 28

Periodic reminder for the gammons that the UK’s High Court has ruled that it is legitimate for someone seeking asylum to do so in the UK after passing through other ‘safe’ countries, and the UK Court of Appeal has ruled that those who cross the Channel to claim asylum here are not breaking the law by arriving in the UK this way.

I often wonder about the term Gammon.

Only recently discovering the description thanks to this forum I'm hearing it from people that are renowned for being pale skinned, ginger haired and over weight.

It really is a funny old world.

Ian H

Guru
I often wonder about the term Gammon.

Only recently discovering the description thanks to this forum I'm hearing it from people that are renowned for being pale skinned, ginger haired and over weight.

It really is a funny old world.
It simply means having the views of your typically puce-faced rotund Tory. Like all descriptors based on appearance, it can be cruel - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-51852521

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It simply means having the views of your typically puce-faced rotund Tory. Like all descriptors based on appearance, it can be cruel - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-51852521
It can also be irrelevant and more to do with age than political leaning

0_Jeremy-Corbyn-591846.jpeg.jpg

Ian H

Guru
I understand that concept but I also laugh at the hypocrisy of this forum that ridicule based on appearance is acceptable due to voting for the Conservatives.
Thing is it isn't based on anyone's actual appearance so much as on a cartoon-like caricature of disgusted of Tunbridge Wells - well, okay, and certain Tory MPs. Apart from the unfortunate Leigh (KBE), most Tories don't really have complexions that suggest they're about to explode. Their opinions are something else, though.

D

Deleted member 28

Apart from the unfortunate Leigh (KBE), most Tories don't really have complexions that suggest they're about to explode. Their opinions are something else, though.

So the term 'Gammon ' has nothing to do with appearance?

I suppose pigs look like they're about to explode (I'm guessing this is where the comparison originates) because they're such fit, svelte looking animals?

You people are so full of sh*t, pulling the PC card one moment then taking the pi*s out of someone for how they look the next, at least have the balls to admit it.

Ian H

Guru
So the term 'Gammon ' has nothing to do with appearance?

I suppose pigs look like they're about to explode (I'm guessing this is where the comparison originates) because they're such fit, svelte looking animals?

You people are so full of sh*t, pulling the PC card one moment then taking the pi*s out of someone for how they look the next, at least have the balls to admit it.
Of course, a proper gammon is far too posh to use words like sh*t or pi*s, especially asterisked like that.

D

Deleted member 28

Of course, a proper gammon is far too posh to use words like sh*t or pi*s, especially asterisked like that.

Are they? I wouldn't know because I'm neither fat, pink or about to explode upon hearing the latest wokey efforts to embarass themselves.

D

Deleted member 28

What is someone 'up in arms' over the latest atrocities bestowed on people by the government called then as a matter of interest?

As I see it there's far more threads started over what people seem to think is unjust than anything 'woke' which I assume is what gets people 'all gammony'.

It's the likes of fartoomuchfoodie that continually starts threads about wrong doings, getting his knickers all twisted.

Answers on a postcard please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom