Cruella Braverman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
What’s the alternative to multiculturalism? Monoculturalism?

Which culture shall we choose, yours or mine or his over there or hers or any one of thousands of variations?

Directed conformity? There’s a word for that.

What makes it even funnier is that Pallid Rinder is typing in a language that is a hybrid of Ingvaeonic languages spoken by Angles, Saxons, Jutes and Frisians, as well as Norman Romance langue d'oïl.

Bloody multiculturalism. What has it ever done for us?

Last edited:
Says you..

Wanna fight about it ??

You make my point for me. Genuinely, it’s the friction that makes life interesting, isn’t it?

mudsticks

Squire
You make my point for me. Genuinely, it’s the friction that makes life interesting, isn’t it?

I'm not so sure about 'friction' if you mean antagonism for its own sake.

But I'm a massive fan of variety, diversity, respectful difference, and endless curiosity - about oneself and others.

That flourishes in an atmosphere of open minded understanding and awareness.

Its crushed by narrow minded bigotry.

But yeah I'd probs still beat you in an arm wrestle 👍🏼

mudsticks

Squire
No, I didn’t really mean that. I was thinking more of a river metaphor where the landscape is changed and shaped by jagged edges and rough surfaces interacting. That’s what creates pools of diversity and a flourishing ecosystem, and so it is with culture.

Well yeah, like this kind of thing.

It's a tricker landscape to navigate, maybe but makes for a far richer life than always staying on flat tarmac.

PXL_20230924_113341293.MP.jpg

Although you do need to know how to erect a shelter properly in these conditions.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
She's Indian heritage, parents from South Goa I believe, and she's the Home Secretary in a Government headed by a Hindu Prime Minister.

That's evidence enough that multi-culturalism does work quite nicely, even if you do disagree with their politics.

No. she makes no sense whatsoever unless you're a supporter of the far right and it should never go down well in any quarter.

I haven't visited either person's home, but, I don't see much multi-culturalism in their public persona.

multitool

Shaman
I haven't visited either person's home, but, I don't see much multi-culturalism in their public persona.

She's a Buddist for God's sake.

Which, of course, rubs counter to the predominant 'national' religion....that other cultural ideology imported from the Middle East.

BoldonLad

What might you want or expect to see?

Well, visibly, other than having a good tan, they both appear very westernized to me. But, I don’t know them personally.

I don’t “want” or “expect” anything in particular.

BoldonLad

She's a Buddist for God's sake.

Which, of course, rubs counter to the predominant 'national' religion....that other cultural ideology imported from the Middle East.

So?

I wasn’t actually aware of that, I don’t usually get excited about another person’s religious beliefs. Unless they start trying to force them on me.

Last edited:

multitool

Shaman
So?

I wasn’t actually aware of that, I don’t usually get excited about another person’s religious beliefs. Unless they start trying to force them on me.

What do you mean "so?"

Her 'public persona' is all the information she willingly divulged. This includes her religious beliefs.

If you don't understand that an Asian immigrant eschewing her parents' religions (Hinduism and Christianity) for a far Eastern religion whilst living in a culturally Christian country, and marrying a Jew, is an example of multi-culturalism I'm going to have to ask you what you've been drinking.

Top Bottom