Cut parents benefits over school truancy

• Thread starter Deleted member 121
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
I'm not 'struggling' at all I'm just amazed that you think it fine to be able to use Class A drugs!

What next a 'coke shelter' for the office bods to take a quick snort in at lunchtime or a 'shooting up' room complete with sterile needles and a couch to lie down on?

That isn't what he is suggesting at all. Try listening.

multitool

Shaman
And on the topic of wealthy addicts with trust funds, perhaps Shep could rub his brain cells together and ponder why it is that pupils from Eton don't resort to petty crime...

Is it because they are morally purer and more virtuous? Or is it because they don't need to?

icowden

Legendary Member
Ok, forget morals for a minute, can you provide any positives for becoming a Heroine addict?
To learn from their superpowers and ability to do good? I mean, once you've collected Wonder woman, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Fay Wray, and Captain Marvell there must surely be some learning to be had...

icowden

Legendary Member
Surely making it legal to take class A drugs is somewhat condoning it and therefore not really sending out a message that it's a bad thing to do?
I think you are having trouble distinguishing between decriminalisation and legalisation. I have suggested the former, not the latter.

D

Deleted member 28

And on the topic of wealthy addicts with trust funds, perhaps Shep could rub his brain cells together and ponder why it is that pupils from Eton don't resort to petty crime...

Is it because they are morally purer and more virtuous? Or is it because they don't need to?
And yet it's love of money - not heroin or coke - which is the root of all evil.

You my freaky internet nobody was dismissed long ago, feel free to respond to any of my posts but please don't think I'll think of you as anything more than an annoying noise in the background.

D

Deleted member 28

I think you are having trouble distinguishing between decriminalisation and legalisation. I have suggested the former, not the latter.

I think you're having trouble distinguishing between reality and fantasy but that's not really an issue I'm ever going to have to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 28

That's the best you can come up with?

In my defence I'm six pints in following an early evening sesh putting the world to rights with my old muckers down the Dog and Duck.

I thought 'was ' looked a bit mongy when I wrote it.

D

Deleted member 28

That isn't what he is suggesting at all. Try listening.

You tell me what 'legalising ' the consumption of class A drugs would say to you.

Would you interpret that as "As long as this Heroin is 'pure' and sold legally it's ok to inject it into your veins".

Just the same as walking into a pub and asking for a 'legally produced pint o of Lager'.

multitool

Shaman
You my freaky internet nobody was dismissed long ago, feel free to respond to any of my posts but please don't think I'll think of you as anything more than an annoying noise in the background.
You tell me what 'legalising ' the consumption of class A drugs would say to you.

Would you interpret that as "As long as this Heroin is 'pure' and sold legally it's ok to inject it into your veins".

Just the same as walking into a pub and asking for a 'legally produced pint o of Lager'.

D

Deleted member 28

Explain then what you think would happen if people it was 'decriminalised ' would I be able to walk into a legal 'drug outlet ' and buy some heroine?

D

Deleted member 49

Legalizing won't make more people addicts.Would you try Heroin if it was legal?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Well, considering there are more people who consume alcohol and tobacco than other drugs, you can't really compare accurately.

That said, there are many people who don't believe they have a problem with either and drink way more than they should without realising it. And as for smoking, which I do, all the medical evidence says that it's terrible for your health and yet folk do it anyway.

It's a pretty tricky cycle, having a drink to fend off a hangover can quickly become a problem. And nicotine withdrawal is an absolute bugger to overcome.

I suppose my point in all of this is that alcohol and tobacco are just as addictive as other drugs, but because they're socially acceptable the addiction is ignored. I'd put caffeine in that category too.

There are certainly plenty of "users" of alcohol and tobacco, to provide statistically significant analysis. I would have thought it would be the less commonly used, and/or recently introduced, illegal drugs which would cause a problem of statistically significant analysis.

But, if you don't have actual figures (no, nor do I) then, no point in banding opinions.

For the record, I am of the opinion, legalise them all, put appropriate health warnings on them, regulate quality, and tax them, just like alcohol and tobacco. Plus of course, appropriate laws for criminal behaviour whilst under the influence.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Don't they? I find that very hard to believe.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom