Cut parents benefits over school truancy

• Thread starter Deleted member 121
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

I think you may be confusing decriminalising drugs with legalising them. There is a difference. Decriminalisation means that the user no longer gets treated as a criminal, only the dealers. You then eliminate the dealers by the state becoming the dealer, and in turn you also control the market.
So it would then be 'legal' to buy class A drugs in your world?

D

Deleted member 28

When i vote for a particular party, you have to see what their main policies are and hope that they deliver on them. It has become very clear, very quickly, that most of the Tories are lining their pockets and just throwing sound bites out to the public.

Back on topic, what do you think about what I wrote in my post re: how people get to be criminals, and how cutting child benefit for truancy is going to help no-one at all?

I'm guessing you thought the policies they had were worth voting for at one point then, I wouldn't openly admit that on here mate as you'll be accused of being an 'I'm alright Jack' and not giving a to$$ about your grandkids future.

Ref cutting child benefit: It probably won't help at all but it's seen as a deterrent I guess?

icowden

Legendary Member
So it would then be 'legal' to buy class A drugs in your world?
Still struggling. Yes it would be "legal" in that you would not be criminalised for it, but instead helped away from it. This works in Portugal and the Netherlands.

D

Deleted member 28

Still struggling. Yes it would be "legal" in that you would not be criminalised for it, but instead helped away from it. This works in Portugal and the Netherlands.

I'm not 'struggling' at all I'm just amazed that you think it fine to be able to use Class A drugs!

What next a 'coke shelter' for the office bods to take a quick snort in at lunchtime or a 'shooting up' room complete with sterile needles and a couch to lie down on?

D

Deleted member 49

I'm not 'struggling' at all I'm just amazed that you think it fine to be able to use Class A drugs!

What next a 'coke shelter' for the office bods to take a quick snort in at lunchtime or a 'shooting up' room complete with sterile needles and a couch to lie down on?
Maybe if they were starting again on the classification of drugs alcohol would be a class A...I reckon it's got the most addicts in this country and certainly leads to premature deaths.
I can go out any day/time of the week here and buy class A drugs.You can get them inside prisons so why not legalize and tax,cut out the dealers and make it safer ?

D

Deleted member 28

Maybe if they were starting again on the classification of drugs alcohol would be a class A...I reckon it's got the most addicts in this country and certainly leads to premature deaths.
I can go out any day/time of the week here and buy class A drugs.You can get them inside prisons so why not legalize and tax,cut out the dealers and make it safer ?

This is absolutely correct, if you think heroine or cocaine use is just the same as having a pint then that's your pejorative.

If you lefties have your way we'll soon be able to go down the local health centre, get a few free syringes and some 'safe' heroine and get monged, whilst being safe in the knowledge there's next to no crime.

mudsticks

Squire
I didn't say that. My point was that in almost every case, a voter would disagree with SOME aspect of a given candidates' party's policies.

Well yes, but I think that's taking stating the bleedin obvious to the 'enth degree.

I guess someone has to do it, and your often 'that guy' 👍🏼🙄

The point still stands though that overarching right wing Tory policy is to cut services to the bone , and let the devil take the hindmost*
It's what they believe in.

And that that's what you're explicitly voting for, if you vote for the current Conservative party.

*They're pretty much say this out loud nowadays .

AndyRM

Elder Goth

Stuff like that exists. There are numerous needle exchanges around Newcastle, for example, which is a good thing IMO.

Addiction takes many forms, alcohol and tobacco being probably the most pervasive and "acceptable".

D

Deleted member 28

Stuff like that exists. There are numerous needle exchanges around Newcastle, for example, which is a good thing IMO.

Addiction takes many forms, alcohol and tobacco being probably the most pervasive and "acceptable".

I agree, if addicts can get access to clean needles it can only be a good thing but I'll never be persuaded that even in a 'controlled' environment becoming addicted to heroine or coke can be anything other than a bad thing.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Well yes, but I think that's taking stating the bleedin obvious to the 'enth degree.

I guess someone has to do it, and your often 'that guy' 👍🏼🙄

The point still stands though that overarching right wing Tory policy is to cut services to the bone , and let the devil take the hindmost*
It's what they believe in.

And that that's what you're explicitly voting for, if you vote for the current Conservative party.

*They're pretty much say this out loud nowadays .

Predictable as ever ;)

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I agree, if addicts can get access to clean needles it can only be a good thing but I'll never be persuaded that even in a 'controlled' environment becoming addicted to heroine or coke can be anything other than a bad thing.

Well no, obviously not, but it's a lot easier to become addicted to alcohol or tobacco.

Top Bottom