District elections

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

Somewhat astonishing that JRM has decided to admit that the Conservatives were trying to rig the local elections in their favour.

He was complaining that it appears to have had the opposite effect

note that he was talking about how sensible it was a few months ago and was totally in support of it

I suspect that he would still be a wholehearted supporter if the figures showed that it only affected "the great unwashed" - i.e. Labour supporters
or an I being cynical and maybe even woke???

spen666

Seems a bit odd unless somebody's deposit was at stake.

The fact that a seat on the council was at stake seems a bit odd to you?
The recounts were because the 2nd seat in that constituency had a very narrow difference in the count.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
He was complaining that it appears to have had the opposite effect

note that he was talking about how sensible it was a few months ago and was totally in support of it

I suspect that he would still be a wholehearted supporter if the figures showed that it only affected "the great unwashed" - i.e. Labour supporters
or an I being cynical and maybe even woke???

I suspect that what Mogglodyte failed to mention was that the vote gerrymandering
had a far greater effect on younger voters than on the older ones.

Reactions: C R

ebikeerwidnes

Of course. But also he has inadvertently (or vertently - discuss) admitted that the point of Voter ID was to suppress votes rather than any real concern about fraud.

SO - basically - admitted that Voter ID was at least partly (discuss the "at least" part) about voter suppression

can't say I am surprised - just waitng until they persuade Boris to start using orange make up or go the whole hog and import trump to stand as PM

Top Bottom