Eating dead animals - the pros and cons

Should we give up eating meat?

• 1 Meat is murder - stop it!

• 2 Eating fluffy lambs is wrong; stupid chickens less so.

• 3 High welfare meat is fine. Shame poor people can't afford it.

• 4 Bacon butties wouldn't taste so good if we weren't meant to eat meat.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Probably for the sort of people who thought Squid Game was something new and original.

Forget the plot or the characters or anything like that, the original Oldboy is simply beautiful to look at. I wouldn't want to touch it.

You're not wrong. It's a thing of greatness. I find Spike Lee a bit hit and miss to be honest, but I've no idea what he was thinking remaking Oldboy.

I'm with @Adam4868 on Parasite, it's incredible, and just as visually stunning.

We've all watched Old Boy, right?

No.

matticus

Guru
I'm pretty sure Giles Coren is an inspiration to most NACA readers, so I'll cite his view on this:
He's gone for "Vegan before 6pm". He reviews eateries for a living, so if he's eating meat after 6pm it will be in a posh eaterie, and he reviews their sourcing etc . And some of his trips are veggie/vegan anyway.
this also cuts out all the junk bacon sarnies at 11ses he was eating. Seems like a good compromise; if all carnivores did this it would make a sizable contribution.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I'm pretty sure Giles Coren is an inspiration to most NACA readers, so I'll cite his view on this:
He's gone for "Vegan before 6pm". He reviews eateries for a living, so if he's eating meat after 6pm it will be in a posh eaterie, and he reviews their sourcing etc . And some of his trips are veggie/vegan anyway.
this also cuts out all the junk bacon sarnies at 11ses he was eating. Seems like a good compromise; if all carnivores did this it would make a sizable contribution.

NO

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Why would anyone want to cut out the bacon sandwiches?, it is almost as crazy as going teetotal !

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Why would anyone want to cut out the bacon sandwiches?, it is almost as crazy as going teetotal !

That's me!

No bacon, no alcohol, no football, very little TV and very few miles in the car.

It seems to suit me - I've never been happier!

Rusty Nails

Country Member

The problem with bacon, and all the other processed meats I like such as sausages, and the foreign meats I like such as prosciutto and chorizo, is the extra risks to health. (Processed meat is classed as a Group 1 carcinogen like tobacco).
This is not to say I will stop eating them, but I can't say I have not been told the risks.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The problem with bacon, and all the other processed meats I like such as sausages, and the foreign meats I like such as prosciutto and chorizo, is the extra risks to health. (Processed meat is classed as a Group 1 carcinogen like tobacco).
This is not to say I will stop eating them, but I can't say I have not been told the risks.

Smoking causes cancer, bacon causes cancer, but smoking bacon cures it.

My wife reacts badly to bacon so we get the nitrite/sulphite free stuff which she can tolerate.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

I don't smoke, so, I take my risks on the processed meats. Plus, on my visits to mainland Europe (home of processed meat), I note, it doesn't seem to do them any harm. ;)

Top Bottom