"F*ck the Tories!" A thread dedicated to Nadine Dorries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now we really know why Nadine Dorries is so desperate to privatise C4 (despite previously thinking it was a privately owned broadcaster).

VENGENCE!

Apparently referring to eyewitness reports that former anchor Jon Snow shouted “F*** the Tories” while at Glastonbury Festival five years ago, she added: “I have been on Channel 4 News a number of times. It is edgy. I am not going to justify a news programme whose anchor went out shouting obscenities about the Conservative Party.

“So they didn’t do themselves any favours sometimes on the news programme and I think that is probably as much as I want to say about that.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...hannel-4-news-anchor-journalist-a7811591.html
'After a day at Glastonbury, I can honestly say I have no recollection of what was chanted, sung or who I took over 1000 selfies with,' says veteran presenter

The committee also bring up James O'Brien (LBC) and Dorries wanting to get him sacked.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/1...s-shared-unhinged-bile-lbc-host-james-obrien/

https://www.bedfordshirelive.co.uk/news/bedfordshire-news/nadine-dorries-james-obrien-abuse-6251915

Dorries is not very good at this culture war stuff.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I've been thinking of starting a thread specifically to dunk on Dorries but it would almost be a full time job.

Anyway, quite apart from not knowing how either C4 or C5 are funded, and confusing 96% support for privatisation with 4% support, she's also admitted to breaching Netflix T&C by sharing her login details with other members of her family.

So even disregarding the culture war stuff, she simply has no idea about anything to do with her actual job. I hope Netflix close her account.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Über Member
The thinking man's crumpet?

Mugshot

Über Member
As entertaining as it is to snigger at Dorries, we shouldn't forget that she represents what happens when populism takes over.
She is dim, utterly out of her depth and is genuinely nasty, yet she holds real power and is making decisions that affect the UK and its citizens. We have a government and a cabinet which is full of them. Wanging on about waging a war on woke and giving the lefties a shoeing appear to be the only abilities required.

Imagine if she was a female MP from any other party, and black.

Last edited:

winjim

As entertaining as it is to snigger at Dorries, we shouldn't forget that she represents what happens when populism takes over.
She is dim, utterly out of her depth and is genuinely nasty, yet she holds real power and is making decisions that affect the UK and it citizens. We have a government and a cabinet which is full of them. Wanging on about waging a war on woke and giving the lefties a shoeing appear to be the only abilities required.

Imagine if she was a female MP from any other party, and black.

As I've mentioned before, I remember taking the piss out of Dorries some fifteen years ago at least, over on the Bad Science forum. So much like Johnson it's been clear for a long long time what sort of person she is and how utterly unsuited to her role, or indeed any role in government.

I do try and consider my motivations, and when it comes to people like Dorries and Truss I wonder whether in mocking them there might be some sort of misogyny involved. I do hope not, I know there are male ministers who are just as abhorrent and ill informed, but Dorries in particular seems to make a sport out of it.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Über Member
As I've mentioned before, I remember taking the piss out of Dorries some fifteen years ago at least, over on the Bad Science forum. So much like Johnson it'a been clear for a kong long time what sort of person she is and how utterly unsuited to her role, or indeed any role in government.

I do try and consider my motivations, and when it comes to people like Dorries and Truss I wonder whether in mocking them there might be some sort of misogyny involved. I do hope not, I know there are male ministers who are just as abhorrent and ill informed, but Dorries in particular seems to make a sport out of it.

Absolutely.
My comment was not intended to suggest that this thread, or mocking Dorries in general, should be discouraged or is based in misogyny, I'm all for it and we should see far more of it for her and her colleagues, male and female. Have at it I say.

Dorries is a spectatular example of how far we have fallen, how too many are fooled or just don't care. I've said it before, there is large percentage of the voting population that cares nothing for what they might gain, but only that other people lose.

I do think we can lose sight of how dangerous the position we are in is though, exemplified by Mhairi Black's wonderful speech the other day. Patel's numbers, Dorries' dimwittedness, Johnson's bumbling, Fabricant's hair, Swayne's breathtaking stupidity etc etc, it all too easily distracts from what are deeply unpleasant and dangerous individuals, who are busy ripping up democracy to try to ensure they are never removed from power.

Last edited:

winjim

Absolutely.
My comment was not intended to suggest that this thread, or mocking Dorries in general, should be discouraged or is based in misogyny, I'm all for it and we should see far more of it for her and her colleagues, male and female. Have at it I say.

Dorries is a spectatular example of how far we have fallen, how too many are fooled or just don't care. I've said it before, there is large percentage of the voting population that cares nothing for what they might gain, but only that other people lose.

I do think we can lose sight of how dangerous the position we are in is though, exemplified by Mhairi Black's wonderful speech the other day. Patel's numbers, Dorries' dimwittedness, Johnson's bumbling, Fabricant's hair, Swayne's breathtaking stupidity etc etc, it all too easily distracts from what are deeply unpleasant and dangerous individuals, who are busy ripping up democracy to try to ensure they are never removed from power.

Indeed. I might feel better about it if they at least had enough self respect to employ the services of a decent tailor.

Top Bottom