FREEDOM!! WE ARE FREE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

It is different though. We don't routinely carry out mass, repeat testing in an asymptomatic, population. The closest thing are some of our screening programmes, which have to meet certain criteria, one of which is cost effectiveness. It would be nice to get to the point with Covid where we're only having to test symptomatic people under certain well defined circumstances, but I'm not sure we're quite there yet.
How often are you people testing yourselves?

I've never had one, I understand if work insists but other than that why?

If you think you have Covid fair enough but just to go visiting?

Different world to me thankfully.

You seemed to be saying earlier that the lame and sick were not at risk of poverty.

They absolutely are.

Julia9054

Regular

To visit my father in law in his care home, my husband has to take a test or he isn’t allowed to visit. If I want to visit my elderly parents - not in a care home - I take a test. As I work in a school, I have been exposed to the virus on numerous occasions. I assume that you don’t have anyone elderly or vulnerable that you need to visit or that you are deliberately refusing to understand that asymptomatic/presymptomatic transmission is possible.

D

Deleted member 49

You've never had a test ? I don't test myself enough,but I've probally done it once a week on average.Because I've worked right through the pandemic and as far as I know haven't had covid I'm thinking maybe I could be asymptomatic.
Anyway it's not that big of a deal to stick a straw thingy up your nose and in your throat now and again to check.My parents are elderly and have both had Covid.Id say it's near enough finished my dad off.Least I can do really.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

+1

I suppose that should really be +2, because Mrs @BoldonLad has never had a Covid test either.

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
LFT: I'm expected to test regularly for work. At the peak of omicron I was testing daily although less frequently now. If I'm meeting people I'll test, if I feel a bit poorly I'll test.

PCR: Weekly during the vaccine trial obviously. Outside that, I'd estimate at least a dozen times, mainly due to the kids being ill.

I'm probably the most cumulatively tested person I know.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
It really depends on circs , but I've done daily tests if attending an event that requires it.
Eg the COP there were a lot of people mixing there from countries with less good health provision.

Or if I'm going to visit older or more vulnerable people.

I don't have that many vulnerable people in my day to day life/ work circle..
But some of those other people do.

We're all interconnected.

Tbh I quite like wearing a mask on public transport / shops / venues , and will probs continue..
It's no big deal.

We all have different levels of perceived, and actual risk on this, and a bit of respect for that wouldn't go amiss ..

People who say "I live in a different world to you" are completely missing the point ( no change there then )

Unless you're a hermetically sealed hermit..

We're all living in this same world together - whether you like it or not..

That fact is what a virus like this, takes advantage of.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr
D

Deleted member 28

You've never had a test ? I don't test myself enough,but I've probally done it once a week on average.Because I've worked right through the pandemic and as far as I know haven't had covid I'm thinking maybe I could be asymptomatic.
Anyway it's not that big of a deal to stick a straw thingy up your nose and in your throat now and again to check.My parents are elderly and have both had Covid.Id say it's near enough finished my dad off.Least I can do really.
No, never felt the need to.

Not adverse but why would I?

I've worked right through as well, both parents are dead so no 'oldies' to visit and haven't felt poorly so what's would be the point?

From now on you can still go to work and unless I'm physically unable to what would it achieve?

D

Deleted member 28

You seemed to be saying earlier that the lame and sick were not at risk of poverty.

They absolutely are.
Did I?

I asked why telling me that SSP was more than income support had to do with anything.

D

Deleted member 49

No, never felt the need to.

Not adverse but why would I?

I've worked right through as well, both parents are dead so no 'oldies' to visit and haven't felt poorly so what's would be the point?

From now on you can still go to work and unless I'm physically unable to what would it achieve?
Ok...but I thought more the point as you've been working right through.Also trying to live your life as normal as possible maybe to stop the spread of it?
You've been mixing with people as normal who have vulnerable,oldies ?
Edited to add there's plenty who I work with who don't test/haven't been vaccinated etc,even more reason for me to.

Reactions: mjr
D

Deleted member 28

LFT: I'm expected to test regularly for work. At the peak of omicron I was testing daily although less frequently now. If I'm meeting people I'll test, if I feel a bit poorly I'll test.

PCR: Weekly during the vaccine trial obviously. Outside that, I'd estimate at least a dozen times, mainly due to the kids being ill.

I'm probably the most cumulatively tested person I know.
FFS no wonder there's a shortage of test kits!

I bet you're sh1tting yourself now then.

D

Deleted member 49

Was out delivering in one of the most affluent areas in Lancashire yesterday,inundated with covid test kits! Definately a case of get them whilst you can.

D

Deleted member 28

Ok...but I thought more the point as you've been working right through.Also trying to live your life as normal as possible maybe to stop the spread of it?
You've been mixing with people as normal who have vulnerable,oldies ?
I guess so but I assume they will be testing themselves if worried before they visit?

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member

You really can't see beyond yourself can you?

Similarly to @winjim we have been following covid protocols for our work. My wife is a deputy head - so any sign of a cough or cold, an LFT test is done on the whole family. We had one incidence of a positive test which then required a PCR (negative). On a couple of other occasions where she has had close contact with someone who tested positive, she has gone straight for a PCR test. I test less, because I go out less.

The point of the tests is to establish whether you have Covid and need to isolate in order not to give it to other vulnerable people.

Obviously no-one wants Covid as it has some very negative outcomes for some people. I'm asthmatic and prone to chest infections, so I'd prefer not to get it. I therefore find it selfish when people can't be arsed to carry out basic preventative hygiene - so mask wearing and not coughing in peoples faces etc. I find it selfish when people work on self-checkouts, the highest risk area of a store, and don't wear a mask.

I don't really understand why we can't continue to take basic precautions that have no negative effects at all, as suggested by virologists, other than Boris doesn't want to upset the shouty gammons.

Top Bottom