GBeebies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
"If" being the operative word.

It's Dan Wootton remember.

Think a bit more deeply.

False allegations of criminal convictions are so easy to disprove only an anonymous knacker on the internet would be foolish enough to make them.

Thus I believe what Wootton said, although I also believe rehabilitation is possible, despite being presented with much evidence to the contrary over the years.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I don't know anyone who watches TV news anymore. They all get it from online or via video services like YouTube.

There are many independent news outlets spanking the main news for viewing figures.

Genuine question. Where are the figures that show this for the UK?

CXRAndy

Veteran
I couldn't find the comparison RaJar does comparison but has music stations added too. Maybe with a bit of delving they list others. The like of TalkTV are growing rapidly. But there are quite a few sole news reporters with 300k-3million subscribers.

You can find information form all side of the spectrum.

Think a bit more deeply.

False allegations of criminal convictions are so easy to disprove only an anonymous knacker on the internet would be foolish enough to make them.

Thus I believe what Wootton said, although I also believe rehabilitation is possible, despite being presented with much evidence to the contrary over the years.
Is that where we are then?

Pale Rider

Veteran
Is that where we are then?

Well, I don't name anyone on the internet unless it's legally safe to do so.

Most on here represent they act in the same way, but I've no idea what they post elsewhere because I don't have any other social media accounts.

My reference to anonymous knackers on the internet referred to those who openly speculate, in this case, about the identity of the suspended BBC employee.

But, again, you knew all that already.

Beebo

Veteran
Given the tale is more juicy than Edwards', I'm a little surprised it hasn't grown a few more legs, although apparently it is in The Guardian.

Who is going to publish that sort of story?
The Sun and Mail will be keen to keep it low key and they are the chief shoot stirrers for this type of story.
most other papers might run a short story away from the front page.
The BBC have an article on it. It’s claims of misjudgements but nothing criminal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66240304

Pale Rider

Veteran

Wootton's on air statement has got it going, which I thought it might,

Who is going to publish that sort of story?

Everyone - now - because Wootton has managed to raise the interest,

All the supposed right wing press are running it - as I've always said, news is news.

We now have the comical situation of Wootton saying there are 'dark forces' trying to close GB News, while others on here reckon the channel is part of a right wing conspiracy to rule the world.

The truth may lie somewhere in between, but I suspect the truth in this instance is entirely absent.

CXRAndy

Veteran
In this arse end of a forum with its 13 members, I'd suspect 10 of which are of a particular witches cauldron, GB news is the devil incarnate :laugh:

MrGrumpy

Regular
don’t think I’ve ever watched GBeebies news , certainly aware of it and my twitter time line is full of quotes from some of the presenters or those associated with it ! I just can’t take any of them seriously?

matticus

Guru
I don't know anyone who watches TV news anymore. They all get it from online or via video services like YouTube.

Really? Possible, I guess ... <googles>:
"In June, the most popular news channel was BBC News. It reached 12.1 million viewers"

Now I guess that includes BBC News watched online - you can check if you want, thanks - but if you don't know any of those 12mill it suggests you have quite a narrow social circle.

CXRAndy

Veteran
Not bad for a newcomer to the news. Just shows how far the BBC, ITV news have fallen down in people's interest.

Top Bottom