Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@AuroraSaab if Prevention of Future Deaths Reports made by Coroners in the execution of their duties are not Coroners Reports what do you think a Coroners Report would be?

I'm not, at least now, debating whether the Coroners reports bear out arguments about suicide amongst trans people,

I'm challenging what seems to be stupidity over their nature.

A coroner report is the report made after an unexpected death. Reports to Prevent Future Deaths are additional reports. They aren't the same thing.

The first isn't freely available for public access, the second is.

The point is that claims are repeatedly made that aren't evidenced, including that the NHS suppressed these reports and suppressed the suicide rates. It's irresponsible bs.

Screenshot_20240928_142639_Chrome.jpg

You literally said it here. 'As a consequence':

Screenshot_20240928_142422_Chrome.jpg

It's an assertion not borne out by the data, stated to be false by leading expert Louis Appleby, and not supported by the coroner comments, even the Prevention of Future Death reports, which rightly highlight the complex nature of suicide and the presence of several factors.

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
A coroner report is the report made after an unexpected death. Reports to Prevent Future Deaths are additional reports. They aren't the same thing.

The first isn't freely available for public access, the second is.

The point is that claims are repeatedly made that aren't evidenced, including that the NHS suppressed these reports and suppressed the suicide rates. It's irresponsible bs.

N here

A pathologist carries out a post-mortem where required to establish cause of death. A coroner investigates the circumstances for the purposes of an inquiry. Where the coroner has further concerns, they are required are to furnish a Report to Prevent Future Deaths.

Should I have taken my own life while living with my parents, a pathologist would have established cause of death, ie, drowning or falling from height. The coroner would investigate the motivation for suicide using input from family, friends, and medical reports.

In my case, the violence of my father was documented as allegations from me, but not proven. It's hypothetical but it's probable that Monkers would have provided anecdotal evidence (permissible) of my allegations and injuries to an inquest.

As I was reaching the age of puberty I was extremely distressed about going through a male puberty. Such is the under-resourcing of the services, that I would not have received treatment in time to prevent it. I would not have continued with my life into adulthood. I have no doubt. Instead I was fortunate, I was cared for by private services. I owe my life to the person who made those services available. You surely must know who that person is.

The pathologist reports are not really relevant. A coroner's report that attributes motivation for suicide as 'an untreated mental health condition' is something but not sufficient to improve gender services. A Report to Prevent Future Deaths, is the very document that is required.

Without devoting time and space on these forums to examine that contents of each and every report, neither of us is in a position to say much more.

However, what is telling is that the evidence exists that these reports were made, and that they went sent on. We also have the evidence of denial of receipt of the reports. The conclusion therefore that there is no evidence is incorrect. The denial is the evidence.

The data does not support the claim that children who do not receive puberty blockers are more likely to kill themselves. It simply does not. The Cass Report found no sound evidence of their benefit in children, such as decreasing suicide. Louis Appleby's review found the data did not support it either, including amongst those over 18 on the waiting list.

We do not base invasive medical treatment, especially in children, on anecdotal evidence. We base it on high quality research and data.

You continually seek to undermine this stance and push the unevidenced 'transition or die' narrative. It's abhorrent.

The pathologist reports are not really relevant. A coroner's report that attributes motivation for suicide as 'an untreated mental health condition' is something but not sufficient to improve gender services. A Report to Prevent Future Deaths, is the very document that is required.
And none of the coroner comments nor the Prevent reports say failure to access drugs or surgery was the cause of deaths. They suggest lack of support, ie long waiting lists, as contributing factors, amongst others.

You continually overstate the evidence.

monkers

Legendary Member
We do not base invasive medical treatment, especially in children, on anecdotal evidence.

Coroner's reports are NOT anecdotal evidence. A flavour from one such report ...

The Coroner issued a report to Prevent Future Deaths to NHS England as follows: a waiting list of 7 years for an appointment at the Gender Identity Clinic is extremely long and exposes the challenge of how those are on the waiting list are to be supported. There was a lack of clarity from the evidence that those working with people awaiting treatment from the gender identity services knew who was responsible for the care of those on the waiting list, whether is it the Gender identity Clinic, the community mental health services or the GP.

The Coroner is enquiring whether the Gender Identity Clinic could do more to assist with training for local services. She was also concerned about the lack of awareness as to when bridging hormones could be prescribed by the GP, and considers the Clinic should ensure their Protocol l is widely accessible to those treating young trans-people who may obtain off-prescription hormones from the internet.

The gender critical movement created pressure on the the services for trans youth. Rather than creating an improvement for trans youth, it has led to a collapse in service.

Just to remind, Cass took the middle ground existence of God approach to puberty blockers - there is insufficient evidence to say they are harmful, there is insufficient evidence to say they are beneficial. Puberty blockers are not the only issue, there were the related assessments for autism, and well as mental health support.

What we do have are reports giving evidence of coroner concern that lack of services will lead to future deaths, with the NHS and government ministers denying that there are concerns.

The potato has been baked too hot for anyone to want to handle.

However Aurora, as usual, you claim to know more than the sum of all working professionals in the field. What exactly is on your CV that is relevant? CSE welding?

And none of the coroner comments nor the Prevent reports say failure to access drugs or surgery was the cause of deaths. They suggest lack of support, ie long waiting lists, as contributing factors, amongst others.

You continually overstate the evidence.

However you look at it people with gender incongruence, especially young people, are over represented in suicide stats.

Top Bottom