Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
Yes, a review the BMA are undertaking because a small number of activists engineered the committee to support a motion to critique Cass in July. More committee members voted against or abstained on the key anti-Cass motion than voted for it. But as abstentions don't count, it passed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...p/07/bma-cass-report-gender-identity-services

Since then 870 doctors have signed a letter criticising the BMA for opposing the recommendations of the Cass report.

" ...it was signed by 57 professors and 22 former or current presidents of royal medical colleges and other clinical leaders, among others. Of the 870 signatories, more than two-thirds are BMA members".

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...allenging-the-bmas-stance-on-puberty-blockers

Other European countries have made their own analysis of their gender services provision and have come to the same conclusions as Cass. Sweden, Finland, Denmark are all adopting a more cautious approach.

Cass isn't some outlier, out of step with everyone else. It's simply that health services are finally looking seriously at the lack of evidence around puberty blockers, and starting to ask why the numbers referred to gender clinics went through the roof in the last 15 years, and why the patients went from mostly older adult men to mostly young teens.

The change in direction to evidence based care must be hard to swallow, but there you go.

Evidenced based care has led to no care, and in your case don't care.

As for your suicide assertions, N read that and was astounded. It is not the case that trans youth think of suicide because or people giving out warnings of the risk of suicide. The truth is, as she told the thread, trans youth are at risk of suicide because of the non-acceptance of people, the campaigning to prevent them from living their authentic lives, people campaigning against their lives on a fabric of lies.

People like her father, and her mother, and you, are the very people that mouth off to crush people, and destroy them. She sees you. N has gone to bed upset with the news that the body of a trans women who has been missing for a few days was found in the Thames today; no suspicious circumstances.

Why not just leave alone and let people live their best lives? I know, nothing will ever stop you because of the kind of person you are - no compassion, no kindness, no humanity.

https://www.wandsworthguardian.co.u...found-river-thames-confirmed-southwark-woman/

Last edited:
You've shown zero compassion for women and girls whose lives are impinged upon by the demands of those men who wish to 'live their best lives'. Stop asking women to be kind at their own expense.

monkers

Legendary Member
You've shown zero compassion for women and girls whose lives are impinged upon by the demands of those men who wish to 'live their best lives'. Stop asking women to be kind at their own expense.

Oh fark off. I'm generally very kind to everyone and known for it. And don't speak to like I'm not a woman just because I'm a lesbian woman so not in your group (in your tiny mind).

N is very much not 'a man' but you continue with your bigot credentials in every post.

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
Forstater appeal case...

However:

a. This judgment does not mean that the EAT has expressed any view on the merits of either side of the transgender debate and nothing in it should be regarded as so doing.

b. This judgment does not mean that those with gender-critical beliefs can ‘misgender’ trans persons with impunity. The Claimant, like everyone else, will continue to be subject to the prohibitions on discrimination and harassment that apply to everyone else. Whether or not conduct in a given situation does amount to harassment or discrimination within the meaning of EqA will be for a tribunal to determine in a given case.

c. This judgment does not mean that trans persons do not have the protections against discrimination and harassment conferred by the EqA. They do. Although the protected characteristic of gender reassignment under s.7, EqA would be likely to apply only to a proportion of trans persons, there are other protected characteristics that could potentially be relied upon in the face of such conduct.

Aurora, what makes you feel you are exempt from discrimination and harassment legislation?

I am not, neither is anyone else, including you. In what practical way do you imagine you have been discriminated against or harassed? You have chosen to take part in this forum.

"Whether or not conduct in a given situation does amount to harassment or discrimination within the meaning of EqA will be for a tribunal to determine in a given case".

This is talking about in employment though. You really do have a poor understanding of the law if you imagine the Equality Act applies to social media.

monkers

Legendary Member
This is talking about in employment though. You really do have a poor understanding of the law if you imagine the Equality Act applies to social media.

You're kidding me right? I'll let N attend to this if she feels inclined.

Last edited:
Top Bottom