Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

I think fairness in women's sports is a 'just' cause, Classic. I suppose you can cancel your BC membership if you're in it, or continue to advocate for your cause of including male born people in the female category from within BC. Just like other members had to advocate for their view.
You're lying again.

icowden

Legendary Member
You're lying again.

Where was the lie in that statement?

I think fairness in women's sports is a 'just' cause, Classic.
Opinion - no untruth.

I suppose you can cancel your BC membership if you're in it, or continue to advocate for your cause of including male born people in the female category from within BC.
Speculation and suggestion but no untruth.

Just like other members had to advocate for their view.
Factual? Or are you suggesting that members did not have to advocate, that @AuroraSaab knows this, and is presenting this as truth?

classic33

Swyer syndrome is a female dsd.

https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/swyer-syndrome/

It's associated with a higher risk of cancer. These are the people whose condition you appropriate in order to claim sex is a spectrum and thus imagine this justifies including men in women's spaces.

How many transgender people have a dsd? Considering dsd's affect around 0.02% of the population, the number must be vanishingly small.

There are only 2 gamete types. Two sexes, male and female, with a variety of secondary characteristics.
Experts disagree
"Swyer syndrome is a rare condition, and it causes failure of the sex glands, ovaries in women, and testes in men, to develop properly."
From
https://www.icliniq.com/articles/genetic-disorders/swyer-syndrome

multitool

Shaman
Is there a number of male born riders in the female class at which you think it should be regarded as a problem? 5? 10? Does this apply to doping in competitive sports too? One or two isn't really a problem? I'm not sure that's how fairness in sports works.

It avoids another Emily Bridges/Lia Thomas type situation and clarifies the position.

We live in an imperfect world.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
It's bonkers that we are even discussing people with what can be serious medical conditions just in order to bolster the argument that people without them should be called 'women' when they are men, and 'men' when they are women.

classic33

Swyer syndrome is a female dsd.

https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/swyer-syndrome/

It's associated with a higher risk of cancer. These are the people whose condition you appropriate in order to claim sex is a spectrum and thus imagine this justifies including men in women's spaces.

How many transgender people have a dsd? Considering dsd's affect around 0.02% of the population, the number must be vanishingly small.

There are only 2 gamete types. Two sexes, male and female, with a variety of secondary characteristics.

Experts disagree
"Swyer syndrome is a rare condition, and it causes failure of the sex glands, ovaries in women, and testes in men, to develop properly."
From
https://www.icliniq.com/articles/genetic-disorders/swyer-syndrome
No they don't:-
"People with one X and Y chromosome, ordinarily found in men, are born with female genitalia and underdeveloped gonads in Swyer syndrome."

Note the first line to which the response, by me, was made.

classic33

It's bonkers that we are even discussing people with what can be serious medical conditions just in order to bolster the argument that people without them should be called 'women' when they are men, and 'men' when they are women.
Why are you often the first to start posting claims about medical conditions then.
Bolster your argument perhaps!

And note, I was was correcting a mistake, deliberate or accidental isn't known, by yourself.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I'm not the one trumpeting the existence of dsd/intersex people as some sort of proof that sex is a spectrum. That's 'your' side.

I've repeatedly said that dsd athletes and transwomen competing in the female class are in reality two separate issues. It suits transactivists to appropriate the discussion surrounding dsd's because it allows the argument that if dsd athletes are regarded as women and can compete, then why can't those raised as male also compete...

monkers

Guru
I'm not the one trumpeting the existence of dsd/intersex people as some sort of proof that sex is a spectrum. That's 'your' side.

I've repeatedly said that dsd athletes and transwomen competing in the female class are in reality two separate issues. It suits transactivists to appropriate the discussion surrounding dsd's because it allows the argument that if dsd athletes are regarded as women and can compete, then why can't those raised as male also compete...

The reason that people point this out to you is in objection to your absolutism that sex is binary and immutable, while banging on about gametes etc. The point is not raised just in connection with sport - but it suits you to think that it is.

Yes you've repeatedly said many things that people here don't agree with. One fact though is that no matter how many times a lie is repeated, it remains a lie, though it can have the detrimental effect of reinforcing one's own false belief to the point it becomes unshakeable.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
One fact though is that no matter how many times a lie is repeated, it remains a lie, though it can have the detrimental effect of reinforcing one's own false belief to the point it becomes unshakeable.

Isn't it more accurate to say you have your truth and Aurora has hers ...

classic33

Isn't it more accurate to say you have your truth and Aurora has hers ...
There are two truths?

Which "truth" has the law decided is correct. As that is the one that matters.

We've had a "truth" that has said there are multiple trans women in prisons. Most notably Ireland, where they were portrayed as such a danger to other prisoners that they have to be held in solitary confinement. For the safety of the other inmates, not themselves. Even then the prisons in which they were being held were said to be something other than what they actually are. Also the numbers involved.

The "prison saga" where laws, which suited one person, brought changes that were instantaneous. Proven not to be the case.

We have had the sporting side "given", whereby an athlete who did better than over women athletes was a woman, with a natural advantage. That was dropped when it no longer suited the narrative being pursued. Why is the question? Female one minute, male the next. Isn't that the situation the one we're being told cannot be possible.

Which truth do we believe?
They say history is written by the victors, I see no winners in this situation.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I read your posts and can't decide if you just don't grasp what I have written, have mis-remembered it, or are just wilfully misunderstanding it. Whichever, most of what you claim here is wrong and you have obviously given up arguing the your case altogether, preferring just to moan about imagined inconsistencies in my position.

There are now two categories; Women's and Open. I have yet to hear a convincing reason why cyclists like Emily Bridges cannot ride in the Open category.

Top Bottom