Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
First time I tried Strava I'd borrowed Mrs Celine's smartphone. I went out on a 40 mile loop and came back with three QOMs.
Mrs Celine didn't delete them but simply adopted them as her own.
They've all long since been bettered. One by a former colleague, although for all I know it could have been her husband.

If this helps decompetify (sorry) Strava and Parkrun then it can only be a good thing.

Wait till I get an e-bike, and watch me get the KOMs.

multitool

Ah. So he should be shut down along with all other discussion. I forgot.

Have you ever heard the phrase "know your enemy"? Were you one of those people calling for the Life of Brian to be banned for blasphemy?

You still haven't answered my question about whether the prison policy "revamp" you suggest occured, happened 4 years ago ...

As for this shyte, no. You don't have to listen to everything that is put out there just because a hard-right grifter wants your clicks

Ian H

Legendary Member
Ah. So he should be shut down along with all other discussion. I forgot.

Have you ever heard the phrase "know your enemy"? Were you one of those people calling for the Life of Brian to be banned for blasphemy?
It's not explosive, it's just a predictably US far-right religious conservative view. He's a climate change denier as well - ticks all the right boxes.

She says you have to bury your differences with them.

And her point seems to be that terms like white supremacist are thrown about like confetti when what people actually mean is the US right wing or conservative - it's these people that she wants to 'bury the hatchet' with because she thinks women should put other political differences aside in order to unite on this one issue. I think she is (mostly) wrong on that, but I can understand why feminists in the US are willing to team up with conservative politicians and commentators. It's the only way to make the issues heard over there.

The link IC put up is the classic example of this. Conservative, pretty sexist, late-to-the-party Matt Walsh got more traction for his What Is a Woman? film than US feminists managed to get in 10 years. It's had 160 million views apparently.

So do feminists ignore the people like this who are offering a platform or take the view that anybody who is getting the message across is ok?

icowden

Legendary Member
It's not explosive, it's just a predictably US far-right religious conservative view. He's a climate change denier as well - ticks all the right boxes.
I agree. Ignore the hyperbole. It *is* however an interesting watch IMHO.

Ian H

Legendary Member
And her point seems to be that terms like white supremacist are thrown about like confetti when what people actually mean is the US right wing or conservative - it's these people that she wants to 'bury the hatchet' with because she thinks women should put other political differences aside in order to unite on this one issue. I think she is (mostly) wrong on that, but I can understand why feminists in the US are willing to team up with conservative politicians and commentators. It's the only way to make the issues heard over there.

The link IC put up is the classic example of this. Conservative, pretty sexist, late-to-the-party Matt Walsh got more traction for his What Is a Woman? film than US feminists managed to get in 10 years. It's had 160 million views apparently.

So do feminists ignore the people like this who are offering a platform or take the view that anybody who is getting the message across is ok?

Well, if you get into bed (no, not literally) with people like Matt Walsh, pretty much all feminist aspirations will be trashed apart from the minority fixation with a few trans women.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip

Well, if you get into bed (no, not literally) with people like Matt Walsh, pretty much all feminist aspirations will be trashed apart from the minority fixation with a few trans women.

So sportswomen like Riley Dennis, and women in US prisons with violent transwomen offenders, should put their own welfare last because the men who are willing to give them a platform on their issue aren't very nice? Just sounds like you're asking women to shut up and put themselves last again to be honest.

The left have given the US right wing an open goal on these issues; to suggest that women should abandon what is important to them 'for the greater good' because the left have failed them is just the age old expectation that women put their own needs behind everybody elses.

And what does it say about them exactly? Not much at all as far as I can see. Somebody has trawled her videos to find a few seconds with a couple of buzzwords in as though the clip says something meaningful. I've never seen her YouTube stuff so I can't be arsed to find the full video, or watch it, but I imagine if it has anything more damning Comerford would have shown those bits instead.

She's made it clear Nazis aren't welcome at her Let Women Speak meetings. As for 'keep turning up' KJK has events every couple of weeks and the only agitators turning up regularly are transactivists like these last week:

View attachment 3991

You have but what you seem to be saying is that because it doesn't matter to you it shouldn't matter to anyone. Why record placings for things like Parkrun or Strava at all if they are just for fun?
If your teenage daughter got QOM on Strava wouldn't you be chuffed for her? And if a male beat her record by a large percentage, you wouldn't be disappointed for her?
The "uniform" being worn is a mix of various mismatched items. A two foot baton, with no body armour, to be used at the same time of being issued, being worn. The out of date Hi-Vis. There's more wrong with that picture than there is right.
Almost as though its been staged for the camera.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Just sounds like you're asking women to shut up and put themselves last again to be honest.

LOL you're saying stuff like this all through the thread to people like Ian or winjim, whilst giving a free pass to these dudes...

1527159143-ahad.jpg

If people who consider themselves to be on the progressive left (not meaning anyone in particular by that) dismiss women's concerns because they say it's not happening/ok, it is, but not very much/well it doesn't really matter anyway ......
I think it's a bit unrealistic for the same people to demand ideological purity from the people they are busy either ignoring or actively throwing under the bus.

It's also perfectly possible to fight both left wing misogyny on gender issues and right wing misogyny on gender issues at the same time. UK feminists have been doing it for years.

When Labour politicians go on Russia Today, are they giving Putin a free pass?

Top Bottom