Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unfortunately Aurora's not interested in the grotesque misogynist history of gender verification in sport, because if she gave it a moment's consideration she'd have to start thinking about the bigger picture.
Any you're not interested in fairness for women athletes, including the African ones. You'll happily put males with dsd's above female athletes, imagining that you are righting some historical wrong about gender non conforming women.

Talking of which, as self-appointed prisons expert I'm sure she'll be along any minute to discuss the jailing of a woman in the UK for 28 months for ending a pregnancy.
Oh ffs. I don't agree with it. At least I can say I wouldn't put men in jail with her, whereas you would. Presumably a male with the 5 ard dsd could share a cell with her because they're female and we shouldn't be policing women's bodies or something.

Start a thread on it if you want to discuss it further. You're right that I'm not interested in a feminist analysis that centres blokes.

Last edited:

Ian H

Legendary Member
Hide my sources? My screenshot is the last paragraph of the Guardian article that Newfhouse linked to in his post. It's his source. What would be the point me putting another link to the same article? Surely you recognised it if you had read his link?

Obviously I wasn't referring particularly to that one post.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
At least I can say I wouldn't put men in jail with her, whereas you would

haircut-david-baddiel.gif

matticus

Guru
Sorry - I suppose it is a bit of a niche term.

Apology accepted! ;-)

[I am very old - I have a Latin O-level - and had NEVER heard this word, FWIW. What's wrong with "prison"?!?]

What I actually said was "whereas you would presumably" because you think saying males with dsd's shouldn't be in the women's sports category is policing women's bodies. If you think they are women for the purposes of sport, they must be women for the purposes of prison surely.

Top Bottom