Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
I used to like tractors, but now I identify as an extractor fan.

How could you not love stuff like this???

PXL_20230629_100605847.MP~2.jpg

Is bitters still available in the tiny bottles? My memory is a bit vague, but many years ago I used to spend occasional evenings in the bar of a hotel, sometimes helping behind the bar. I even learnt to mix certain cocktails. That's where the story of the toothbrush comes from.

Yes it is, and in the ones with the sticky up paper labels

I often treat myself to one at Christmas ⛄

First born runs a very nice bar where such things are on offer too..
I feel like I won on the parenting front there 👍🏼

(No one wants to hear 'the toothbrush story' again Ian - too much trauma there)

monkers

Legendary Member
How could you not love stuff like this???

PXL_20230629_100605847.MP~2.jpg

I prefer that picture by Constable.

The 'Hey Wayne'.

There's no romance in Diesel.

No. Its males intimidating people urged on by the anti-trans rhetoric. Note they asked if she was trans, so they weren't sure of her sex.

Are you seriously saying this group of young men would have been perfectly well behaved if women would only stop talking about single sex spaces, men in their sports, and Eddie Izzard?

If she had been younger they would have called her a slag and worse. Calling women male is an age old insult. As is calling a man gay. 'Trans' is just another word to add to their lexicon. A few years ago 'lesbian' would have been their default insult.

The fact that you deliberately ignore that this is a classic example of male intimidation of women is instructive. It's only of interest, and is only significant, because you think you can get some 'anti-trans' mileage out of it. It happens every single day to thousands of women. And men too. The issue is male violence and male attitudes.

monkers

Legendary Member
Are you seriously saying this group of young men would have been perfectly well behaved if women would only stop talking about single sex spaces, men in their sports, and Eddie Izzard?

If she had been younger they would have called her a slag and worse. Calling women male is an age old insult. As is calling a man gay. 'Trans' is just another word to add to their lexicon. A few years ago 'lesbian' would have been their default insult.

The fact that you deliberately ignore that this is a classic example of male intimidation of women is instructive. It's only of interest, and is only significant, because you think you can get some 'anti-trans' mileage out of it. It happens every single day to thousands of women. And men too. The issue is male violence and male attitudes.

You've just described the social contagion of exploiting difference and its associated effect of inciting hatred and violence. This doesn't just have a harmful effect on the targets of these thugs, but also on those that love and care for them.

I've tried to get this through to you before, even explaining how the trauma of the attacks on my niece have emotionally affected me.

It's OK to keep on that women are so special because they are baby bakers, but each one of those you target potentially has a mother who is deeply affected by this incitement. You are not innocent of incitement by pretending that you didn't intend those harmful effects.

We keep seeing reports of cis women, especially lesbian women being targeted by these thugs. When you know that harm is a result of what you do, you are no longer an innocent. When these cases are brought to attention you either do not reply or shrug it off. You are complicit with the thugs, just as when the Nazis turn up to support Posie Parker.

Women are asking men to step up to help end violence against women, while you are involved with the incitement of that violence.

Clearly the rhetoric used by your groups causes more harm than there is potential good.

It's not just ironic, it's tragic.

Last edited:

multitool

You've outdone yourself with your whataboutery.

Love how you say I'm ignoring it. I posted it. And it is anti-LGBTQ harassment. Can't imagine why LGBTQ people (and the police) are saying this sort of crime has been spiking recently.:whistle:

Don't need to imagine why you are so keen to bat it away from yourself and instead try and cynically and co-opt it into your own anti-trans rhetoric as a justification for being anti-trans.

You aren't getting away with it here, Aurora.

monkers

Legendary Member
I agree. Trans women are women men ; we should just stop saying cis and trans.

What is it that you are afraid of Andy?

We have a saying, ''show me the bigot, and I'll show you their closet.''

You've outdone yourself with your whataboutery.

Love how you say I'm ignoring it. I posted it. And it is anti-LGBTQ harassment. Can't imagine why LGBTQ people (and the police) are saying this sort of crime has been spiking recently.:whistle:

Don't need to imagine why you are so keen to bat it away from yourself and instead try and cynically and co-opt it into your own anti-trans rhetoric as a justification for being anti-trans.

You aren't getting away with it here, Aurora.

And who is it who is doing all this harassment of women? Men. What you are ignoring is that's it's a typical example of how some men behave. Because they can and because they want to. It's why many women don't want them in our single sex spaces, even the nice ones, because their presence makes us uncomfortable.

The fact that you are knowingly and gleefully re-writing everyday misogyny to score points shows you don't give a toss about this stuff - because it happens on a daily basis to women and girls everywhere. It only matters to you when you can score points from it.

Are you seriously saying they wouldn't have said a word if she'd had longer hair?

A response to the same video. Lots of women, gay and straight, are saying the same.

Screenshot_20230707_105617_Chrome.jpg

D

Deleted member 159

What is it that you are afraid of Andy?

Not afraid, I don't accept re-definition of women or men.

You're either man or women, you can be trans, gay whatever.

But you cant appropriate an opposite sex

multitool

And who is it who is doing all this harassment of women? Men. What you are ignoring is that's it's a typical example of how some men behave. Because they can and because they want to. It's why many women don't want them in our single sex spaces, even the nice ones, because their presence makes us uncomfortable.

The fact that you are knowingly and gleefully re-writing everyday misogyny to score points shows you don't give a toss about this stuff - because it happens on a daily basis to women and girls everywhere. It only matters to you when you can score points from it.

Are you seriously saying they wouldn't have said a word if she'd had longer hair?

A response to the same video. Lots of women, gay and straight, are saying the same.

View attachment 4156

So you are suggesting the spike in attacks against LGBTQ people (many of whom are men) is down to an increase in misogyny.

Ridiculous :laugh:

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
And who is it who is doing all this harassment of women? Men.
Even your opening sentence is incorrect.

You are a woman, and it's your words (among those of others) that are inciting men and women to hate difference.

Paul Murphy has correctly identified the problem. The woman respondent is incorrect, she has become a target because of perceptions of her sexuality.

As a lesbian woman, my social media feeds are increasingly being filled by reports of attacks on woman, cis women, trans women, hetty women, lesbian women, all attacked because of perceptions of difference. In effect the thugs are supported by you by your ongoing rhetoric.

Last edited:
Top Bottom