Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I expected better from you

What do you mean better?

We appear to agree a temporary exclusion is about the going rate, particularly as is likely no safeguarding children were identified.

Rightly or wrongly the tariff always goes up if the same conduct has a more serious outcome.

I hope the lad wasn't dealt with on the basis of what his conduct could have led to.

But as I said, all that's largely irrelevant because the school's main focus will have been on preserving its reputation.

monkers

Legendary Member
What do you mean better?

We appear to agree a temporary exclusion is about the going rate, particularly as is likely no safeguarding children were identified.

Rightly or wrongly the tariff always goes up if the same conduct has a more serious outcome.

I hope the lad wasn't dealt with on the basis of what his conduct could have led to.

But as I said, all that's largely irrelevant because the school's main focus will have been on preserving its reputation.

A very cynical assumption. You seriously think that school managers care more for reputation than the safeguarding of vulnerable learners - that's very sad. But I guess it makes for sensationalism and good clickbait for a two bob hack.

I don't disagree. Remind us what you're doing to this end, again...

Well campaigning to keep blokes out of single sex spaces and services amongst other things. I'm not sure looking after the interests of men, however they identify, should be a feminist pursuit. You can do your feminism how you like though. It's a broad church.

Pale Rider

Veteran
A very cynical assumption. You seriously think that school managers care more for reputation than the safeguarding of vulnerable learners - that's very sad. But I guess it makes for sensationalism and good clickbait for a two bob hack.

In thirty odd years of journalism I've seen too many organisations behave in the manner I described.

Happily, I was at least able to make it uncomfortable for some of them.

Whether you or anyone else chooses to believe that is up to them, but I know it to be so.

And yes, it still boils my wee every time I come across another example.

monkers

Legendary Member
In thirty odd years of journalism I've seen too many organisations behave in the manner I described.

Happily, I was at least able to make it uncomfortable for some of them.

Whether you or anyone else chooses to believe that is up to them, but I know it to be so.

And yes, it still boils my wee every time I come across another example.

All because they've been woke for thirty years I suppose.

You must be right as I've never seen the Tories trying to lie, whitewash, intimidate a witness, cover up. They've never shredded records or refused to hand them over to an enquiry.

Only the woke do these things, and schools are woke, so that's what they did.

You've lost your senses through bias.

Pale Rider

Veteran
All because they've been woke for thirty years I suppose.

You must be right as I've never seen the Tories trying to lie, whitewash, intimidate a witness, cover up. They've never shredded records or refused to hand them over to an enquiry.

Only the woke do these things, and schools are woke, so that's what they did.

You've lost your senses through bias.

Of course politicians, particularly when in power, are at it.

Those in education and social work are serial offenders, as are people in local government.

Most people in Non-Governmental Organisations, or quangos if you prefer, are past masters, as are civil servants.

Health service managers are another mob well versed in obfuscating the truth

But by far the worst are the police.

Surely even you can't believe I picked that little lot because they are woke.

And if I can call you surely again, surely you must have noticed how these cock ups in officialdom are never anyone's fault.

Heads, even deputy heads, rarely roll.

Instead, everyone scrabbles around trying to prove they are part of the solution, when in reality they are part of the problem.

All of which means the sometimes serious problem involved is rarely properly addressed.

monkers

Legendary Member
Of course politicians, particularly when in power, are at it.

Those in education and social work are serial offenders, as are people in local government.

Most people in Non-Governmental Organisations, or quangos if you prefer, are past masters, as are civil servants.

Health service managers are another mob well versed in obfuscating the truth

But by far the worst are the police.

Surely even you can't believe I picked that little lot because they are woke.

And if I can call you surely again, surely you must have noticed how these cock ups in officialdom are never anyone's fault.

Heads, even deputy heads, rarely roll.

Instead, everyone scrabbles around trying to prove they are part of the solution, when in reality they are part of the problem.

All of which means the sometimes serious problem involved is rarely properly addressed.

All of this to justify your comments that this teenager was treated unfairly by the school?

If there was any evidence that the school had acted incorrectly, you might have had some point - there isn't so you don't.

It was just an opportunity to shout 'woke, woke, woke' ... 'everyone's too woke'.

The truth no longer matters, all because of bias.

This is what the press have become, and you admit to being a part of that.

Pale Rider

Veteran
All of this to justify your comments that this teenager was treated unfairly by the school?

'All this' existed long before the lad was even born - he's just today's example, and probably not the most egregious.

Blaming the press for seeking to highlight these disgraceful behaviours is just plain dumb.

By the way, it's only you who keeps banging on about woke, so kindly refrain from putting inaccurate words into my mouth.

monkers

Legendary Member
'All this' existed long before the lad was even born - he's just today's example, and probably not the most egregious.

Blaming the press for seeking to highlight these disgraceful behaviours is just plain dumb.

By the way, it's only you who keeps banging on about woke, so kindly refrain from putting inaccurate words into my mouth.

I'm not blaming the press for seeking to highlight disgraceful behaviours.

I'm blaming the press for seeking to highlight false claims of disgraceful behaviours.

You've just fallen into the second camp and why organisations have to worry too much about reputation.

What you said was vindictive.

Maybe you'll reflect, maybe you won't, but I think we're done here.

They just want a piss, Aurora.

They could do that in a unisex/gender neutral toilet. Funnily enough that doesn't seem to be a compromise they are prepared to accept.

Now do rape counselling group sessions, swimming changing rooms, domestic violence refuges, hospital wards, intimate care and so on.... all the places and times women and girls just want and need to be away from male bodies.

They could do that in a unisex/gender neutral toilet. Funnily enough that doesn't seem to be a compromise they are prepared to accept.

Now do rape counselling group sessions, swimming changing rooms, domestic violence refuges, hospital wards, intimate care and so on.... all the places and times women and girls just want and need to be away from male bodies.
And you'd be quite happy using either of those?

Top Bottom