Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
A proper women who gave birth to children.

And despite which she beat the men.

In 1967, she set a new 12-hour time trial record of 277.25 miles[5] – a mark that surpassed the men's record of the time by 0.73 miles and was not superseded by a man until 1969.[6] While setting the record, she caught and passed Mike McNamara who was on his way to setting the men's record at 276.52 miles and winning that year's men's British Best All-Rounder. She is reputed to have given him a liquorice allsort as she passed him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 159

And despite which she beat the men.

That right, didn't you know long endurance events suit women more.

You're comparing a national woman champion against quality men but not national champion men

Sadly, i don't really give a shït about any month of this competition that up until today i had never even heard of and im honest enough to admit it.
'It doesn't matter to me so it shouldn't matter to anyone'.

Is there a cut off point for you where fairness to women does matter? If it's not competitive amateur sports, it's not going to be school or college level either. So just Pro sports or the Olympics then?
Yes. Just a bunch of men living their entire lives dressed as women (and taking the huge amounts of abuse, as a result) purely in order to place higher in a race nobody has ever heard of. Something must be done.

Nobody is suggesting men transition just to win at sports. Why they transition is irrelevant to whether they have an unfair advantage. But again, here you are dismissing fairness for women because you personally haven't heard of a race.

Same question: do you have a point at which women do deserve fairness? You're basically saying women's amateur sports is just tin pot small potatoes stuff that you couldn't give a sh*t about.

How do women get to be elite athletes if there isn't fairness in the system along the way?

'They're still men, always stronger and faster because of male puberty'. Words never spoken by Beryl Burton.

It would be true whether she spoke them or not. So women who want fairness are just poor athletes, and whiny sour grapes bad losers then? There will always be outstanding women who can beat almost all males, but in general, all other things being equal, a male will win in most sports.

It's not a case that those whiny girls just aren't trying hard enough.

monkers

Legendary Member
That right, didn't you know long endurance events suit women more.

You're comparing a national woman champion against quality men but not national champion men

Yes I know that of course.
Beryl was an amateur rider.
She's something of a hero of mine.

You seem to know that there are other factors than male puberty and testosterone, but they don't seem to feature in your posts.
I reckon I know why that is.

monkers

Legendary Member
It would be true whether she spoke them or not. So women who want fairness are just poor athletes, and whiny sour grapes bad losers then? There will always be outstanding women who can beat almost all males, but in general, all other things being equal, a male will win in most sports.

It's not a case that those whiny girls just aren't trying hard enough.

Whatsup? Doesn't fit the narrative?

D

Deleted member 159

Once trans are locked out of womens events, toilets, changing room etc the craze will fade

What your speculation that Beryl Burton wouldn't object to men racing in the female category? A made up assertion doesn't fit any narrative because it's exactly that: made up.

The idea that BB would support Lia Thomas and Emily Bridges, just because she could probably beat Emily Bridges, is a bit of an overreach to say the least. You're also suggesting BB wouldn't care about fairness for other women. I think you do her memory a disservice.

D

Deleted member 121

'It doesn't matter to me so it shouldn't matter to anyone'.

Is there a cut off point for you where fairness to women does matter? If it's not competitive amateur sports, it's not going to be school or college level either. So just Pro sports or the Olympics then?

Nobody is suggesting men transition just to win at sports. Why they transition is irrelevant to whether they have an unfair advantage. But again, here you are dismissing fairness for women because you personally haven't heard of a race.

Same question: do you have a point at which women do deserve fairness? You're basically saying women's amateur sports is just tin pot small potatoes stuff that you couldn't give a sh*t about.

How do women get to be elite athletes if there isn't fairness in the system along the way?

I'm not going to pretend I care about the Belgian waffle race unlike the dishonest people here who think they do because they think it validates their point. You mentioned Austin won a race but failed to mention the previous race in the waffle event where they came second by an even more considerable margin than the race they won.

monkers

Legendary Member
What your speculation that Beryl Burton wouldn't object to men racing in the female category? A made up assertion doesn't fit any narrative because it's exactly that: made up.

The idea that BB would support Lia Thomas and Emily Bridges, just because she could probably beat Emily Bridges, is a bit of an overreach to say the least. You're also suggesting BB wouldn't care about fairness for other women. I think you do her memory a disservice.

Your speculation that I speculated is a mis-speculation. My post was at least equally truthful to the phrase 'the unelected EU Commission'.

But seriously, you acknowledged that women do better than men in endurance events, so how can there be objection to trans women competing in endurance events with other women?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 159

Your speculation that I speculated is a mis-speculation. My post was at least equally truthfully to the phrase 'the unelected EU Commission'.

But seriously, you acknowledged that women do better than men in endurance events, so how can there be objection to men competing in women's endurance events.

They are men and I've posted the equivalent elite men are still head and shoulders above the equivalent women

Top Bottom