Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
It also works for any general written communication which needs to appeal to many people.

Hence the likes of The Times and The Guardian largely follow their own version of the same rules.

What was one of twitter's original key selling points?

Tweets could only be so long.

Long and dense articles are dismissed or ignored by 99.5% of the population, which rather defeats the point of writing them - unless the point is just navel gazing by the author.

Would you care to share the circulation of your firelighter?

The question wasn't posed to me I know. I don't buy any newspapers ever, because those who own them and those who write for them are devoid of decency and integrity. Very few journalist pass the test of honesty, just a plague of stalkers, phone hackers and people like you using phrases like 'kiddy fiddlers' to trivialise serious offences when it's one of your own, and 'sick depraved paedophiles' when 'reporting' (I use the word advisedly) stories about others from those they are politically opposed to. It's mostly sensationalist headline grabbing reactionary nonsense; make that outright lies where often the written content and the headline aren't even congruent. A despicable industry.

I was once stalked by the press, which went on for a couple of weeks; a horrible experience. Luckily for me the police were eventually helpful and arrested a hack from the Sunday times, causing others to literally flee the scene - he later agreed to accept a caution.

Last edited:

Ian H

Guru
It also works for any general written communication which needs to appeal to many people.

Hence the likes of The Times and The Guardian largely follow their own version of the same rules.

What was one of twitter's original key selling points?

Tweets could only be so long.

Long and dense articles are dismissed or ignored by 99.5% of the population, which rather defeats the point of writing them - unless the point is just navel gazing by the author.

Would you care to share the circulation of your firelighter?

Do I understand that you've never read anything longer than 150 words?

CXRAndy

Guru
My goodness what was all the fuss about

Watched Kathleen Stock at the Oxford Union debate. Totally sensible, moderate, caring views :okay:

monkers

Legendary Member
On the back of what she said at the debate, go on tell me what's so non moderate?

Cant wait :laugh:

Yes, as a lesbian myself I've heard about these fantasist men who dream about being captured by lesbians. I bet you've even got the T shirt with the slogan, 'dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians'.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
On the back of what she said at the debate, go on tell me what's so non moderate?

Cant wait :laugh:

Trans being a "fiction" for an easy starter for ten.

Pale Rider

Veteran

You said I am not your target audience, so you bashed all that stuff out just to get a pat on the back from people who already agree with you?

A waste of your time and that of the readers.

In any case, you well knew the discussion had moved on to include the public prints, so you are wasting my time as well.

The question wasn't posed to me I know. I don't buy any newspapers ever, because those who own them and those who write for them are devoid of decency and integrity. Very few journalist pass the test of honesty, just a plague of stalkers, phone hackers and people like you using phrases like 'kiddy fiddlers' to trivialise serious offences when it's one of your own, and 'sick depraved paedophiles' when 'reporting' (I use the word advisedly) stories about others from those they are politically opposed to. It's mostly sensationalist headline grabbing reactionary nonsense; make that outright lies where often the written content and the headline aren't even congruent. A despicable industry.

I was once stalked by the press, which went on for a couple of weeks; a horrible experience. Luckily for me the police were eventually helpful and arrested a hack from the Sunday times, causing others to literally flee the scene - he later agreed to accept a caution.

I get the impression you are not over keen on the craft of journalism.

There's more good than bad.

To give just one of many examples, look at the most recent maternity unit scandal in Nottingham.

Many of the parents are alleging a cover up, so it's a typical example of a publicly funded body which couldn't care less about those badly done to, but is only concerned about keeping its gravy train rolling.

They might have got away with it - were it not for the evil press.

Do I understand that you've never read anything longer than 150 words?

I read a book - once.

Although you are presumably missing the point deliberately.

Either that or you are stupid.

Not enough evidence to say one way or the other at present.

CXRAndy

Guru
No one's interested in sparring with you, Andy. We've already got a Shep, and he's funnier than you are.

20230711_092132.gif

monkers

Legendary Member
I get the impression you are not over keen on the craft of journalism.
What do I need to say to convince you? Journalism is an art. It's not just that so few of your number have the gift for it, but that they are the dregs of humanity.

Top Bottom