Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
You are, as ever, as wrong as it is possible to be.

Trans church ideology

20230710_170127.gif

D

Deleted member 121

Let it all out Andy. This is your chance...

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I think this is the most coherent argument I have read.

Having been away a couple of days I have just read the post in question. It is, as usual, coherent and does at least provide something different to the past 6000+ posts, other than the obligatory dig at Aurora of course, but, as hinted at in the fourth paragraph, it does nothing at all to resolve the practical and moral issues of the transgender debate which is rooted inextricably within the links that exist in society between sex and gender, whatever their cause, or even to stop this thread from reverting to the same sort of trolling and name-calling as the previous 6000 posts.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Oi, I got a mention in dispatches as well.

Several on here need to grasp someone is not a troll just because they have a different view.

Those bellowing 'troll' and calling names are also those who portray themselves as the most 'right on' members.

Hypocrisy barely covers it.

If trolling means to reply to posts in such a way as to bait people into a reaction, or just to insult, then I am afraid that there are trolls on both sides of the discussion.

The actors in the discussion are not the best ones to declare who is trolling, just as footballers are not the best ones to referee their own game.

CXRAndy

Guru
After a year of endless circular argument s, it needed a bit of simple common sense, fact and jocular piss taking.

Too many patting each other on the proverbial arse :laugh:

monkers

Legendary Member
Trans who is inciting physical violence against women is reported to police for probable breaches of parole

It's been a game of call and response Andy. Not nearly so one-sided as you suppose.

A radical feminist and gay rights activist has today appeared in Westminster Magistrates Court and could face trial after allegedly threatening to “thump” a trans woman.

Linda Bellos, the 67-year-old former leader of Lambeth Borough Council, is charged under Section 5 of the Public Order Act, which bans “threatening or abusive words or behaviour” that is likely to cause “harassment, alarm or distress.”

She appeared alongside 43-year-old Rose Venice Allen, who is charged with one count of sending an offensive message by a public communications network, after posting a video of Bellos’ comments online.

The private prosecution, brought by Giuliana Kendal after the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) dropped the case, centres around comments made and broadcast at an event about the Gender Recognition Act, held in York last November.

Bellos, who has previously spoken out about proposed reforms to the Gender Recognition Act, says in the video that “having born two children I think I’m physiologically, and in many other senses, a female and a woman.”

“But I play football and box, and if any one of those bastards comes near me I will take my glasses off and thump them… I am quite prepared to threaten violence because it seems to me politically what they are seeking to do is piss on women.”

The Met were asked to look at this incident this weekend and they have released a statement - no public order offence committed and no further action.

Ian H

Guru
Very droll. To put is simply:

Any idiot can put over a fairly complex idea in 500 words.

The art is to do it in 150 words and, crucially, leave nothing out.

That would work for your down-market tabloid, depending on your definition of 'complex'. You wouldn't like the magazine I'm reading, with its closely-written articles of several thousand words.

It's been a game of call and response Andy. Not nearly so one-sided as you suppose.
If there had been a woman's meeting or march where an official speaker called for trans people to be punched in the face we would never hear the end of it. Any incident with trans people is used to say 'This is what you have caused' and yet when a man openly calls for violence against women you can't even bring yourself to condemn it.

Let's not forget the crowd cheered too. This behaviour isn't just one transactivist. It's a feature of the movement.

The Met were asked to look at this incident this weekend and they have released a statement - no public order offence committed and no further action.

Looks like they have changed their mind. Interesting though that even if it isn't illegal you still couldn't bring yourself to condemn it as wrong.

monkers

Legendary Member
If there had been a woman's meeting or march where an official speaker called for trans people to be punched in the face we would never hear the end of it. Any incident with trans people is used to say 'This is what you have caused' and yet when a man openly calls for violence against women you can't even bring yourself to condemn it.

Let's not forget the crowd cheered too. This behaviour isn't just one transactivist. It's a feature of the movement.

Looks like they have changed their mind. Interesting though that even if it isn't illegal you still couldn't bring yourself to condemn it as wrong.

I abhor violence and condemn the actions of who threaten or commit it, but I am neither judge or jury member. But it isn't one sided, and analysis show that most often trans activists mirror what is being said to them as a reminder to the TERFS and GCs of their violence.

Despite what appears to be threatening language, the amount of actual assault beyond a bit of pushing and shoving is actually very low.

As I've pointed out before, and this thread is evidence of this, the argument is between cis people much more than involvement in argument with trans people. On Mumsnet, trans people are in the position of being routinely demonised and dehumanised by aggressive cis people with only rare support from others. I do see occasional spats on Twitter, and Facebook, but I'm only an occasional viewer of those, a rare poster, and not a member of any other social media platform. I didn't intend this level of involvement here either, and I have to say I regret the waste of time spent replying to you. I said at the outset that it was clear that you are an absolutest in your opinions without a cogent argument, and that has so proved to be.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Veteran
That would work for your down-market tabloid, depending on your definition of 'complex'. You wouldn't like the magazine I'm reading, with its closely-written articles of several thousand words.

It also works for any general written communication which needs to appeal to many people.

Hence the likes of The Times and The Guardian largely follow their own version of the same rules.

What was one of twitter's original key selling points?

Tweets could only be so long.

Long and dense articles are dismissed or ignored by 99.5% of the population, which rather defeats the point of writing them - unless the point is just navel gazing by the author.

Would you care to share the circulation of your firelighter?

Top Bottom