Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So that's a pretend journalist and a pretend lawyer we have on this board, eh? Oh, and someone who claims to be literate.

Great stuff.

I’m old enough to remember being moderated on the old forum for assuming Paley was a part-time court usher. Happy days.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I’m old enough to remember being moderated on the old forum for assuming Paley was a part-time court usher. Happy days.

Were you? I vaguely remember the fatuous accusation but didn't know anything came of it.

I was moderated more times than I can remember, and banned at least twice, although it may have been three times.

I genuinely cannot remember what any of it was about, which probably tells us none of it amounted to a string of beans.

Not that I'm claiming any record, a poster or two ran up six or seven bans, and there may have been even bigger transgressors for all I know.

By the way, I'm already on the naughty step in the other place - one penalty point, which is active for one year.

Not that I have any idea what the points system is all about.

CXRAndy

Guru
And is equally foolish in the use of the data as you. Wise up.

Someone who writes a book and makes a public statement at the Oxford university debate bloody well better be sure of their statistics.

Just because it doesn't suit you, doesn't mean they're wrong

monkers

Legendary Member
Someone who writes a book and makes a public statement at the Oxford university debate bloody well better be sure of their statistics.

Just because it doesn't suit you, doesn't mean they're wrong

Check it for yourself, it's what those of us interested in the truth do.

It doesn't, but all some members on here appear capable of doing is trying to discredit the poster.

Which is an all but nailed on indication they are incapable of mounting an argument.

I've had issues with @spen666 around his binary approach to discussion both here and back at the Mothership but that's by the by.

Both here and elsewhere I'm generally going out of my way to avoid conflict though I'm not beyond responding in kind if others are making Iffy comments or go for me.

fatuous accusation

Merely an idle speculation as I recall.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Funnily enough I went down that road too. Not really a doubter but genuinely surprised that any paper still has somebody full time as a court reporter.

Often combined with crime, although it wasn't in my case.

However, I did get several crime stories of which we were previously unaware when one of the solicitors would gossip with me about who they had coming down the belt.

The police are far less inclined to tell us what they've been up to than when I first started.

The big shift there was post-Leveson, even though his lordship correctly found the vast majority of reporter/copper interactions were nothing to be worried about.

CXRAndy

Guru
Check it for yourself, it's what those of us interested in the truth do.

Ministry of Justice 2020 Data​

The question of whether transwomen match male or female patterns of criminality is specifically addressed by the 2020 FOI referenced by Fair Play For Women (who have submitted evidence to the Committee). This is first time there has been official data to compare the rate of sex offending in 3 different groups. Men vs women vs transwomen. The hyperlinks below link to the FOI spreadsheet.

MOJ stats show 76 of the 129 male-born prisoners identifying as transgender (not counting any with GRCs) have at least 1 conviction of sexual offence. This includes 36 convictions for rape and 10 for attempted rape. These are clearly male type crimes (rape is defined as penetration with a penis).

monkers

Legendary Member

Ministry of Justice 2020 Data​

The question of whether transwomen match male or female patterns of criminality is specifically addressed by the 2020 FOI referenced by Fair Play For Women (who have submitted evidence to the Committee). This is first time there has been official data to compare the rate of sex offending in 3 different groups. Men vs women vs transwomen. The hyperlinks below link to the FOI spreadsheet.

MOJ stats show 76 of the 129 male-born prisoners identifying as transgender (not counting any with GRCs) have at least 1 conviction of sexual offence. This includes 36 convictions for rape and 10 for attempted rape. These are clearly male type crimes (rape is defined as penetration with a penis).

Are you prepared to answer a batch of questions honestly?

monkers

Legendary Member
Those aren't her data- these are MOJ

These aren't questions, matter of fact, the inmates convicted of sexual crimes will be on record.

I never said the data was wrong. I said the use (meaning interpretation) of the data is wrong. It's deliberate, she knows what she is doing here.

So are you prepared to answer questions honestly?

CXRAndy

Guru
MOJ stats show 76 of the 129 male-born prisoners identifying as transgender (not counting any with GRCs) have at least 1 conviction of sexual offence

58% of trans with at least one sexual conviction. She was correct.
I never said the data was wrong. I said the use (meaning interpretation) of the data is wrong. It's deliberate, she knows what she is doing here.

So are you prepared to answer questions honestly?
You don't like the fact

Top Bottom