Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159

You should be allowed to live your life on a live and let live basis by all others; but in return you should allow others to live their own lives without the claim that 'your's is the right way'.

That's what women have been saying.

They don't want their lives interrupted by men entering their changing spaces, sports or other private areas.

monkers

Legendary Member
Now it's 'It's enough to say 'I am a woman' until you're arrested, then you're a transvestite'.

How shall I mark you for comprehension / critical thinking skills today. I think it needs to be a zero.

Males who say they are transvestite tend to identify as 'male'. They are not necessarily on the path to transition, though a few might well be.
TVs are only protected by protected characteristic of 'gender reassignment' if they intend or are undergoing, or have completed transition.

For the purposes of crime recording, TVs tick the boxes of 'male' and of transgender, because 'transgender is an umbrella term and not a sex defining category'.

I do get that the word 'transgender' is a misleading term, and my main gripe with it is that is defines nothing. Nonetheless, only the hard of thinking will believe that the law says that TVs are female before the law.

1. The first difficulty is that access to women's single sex spaces and services isn't being demanded just by those with a GRC but by all those who say they are transwomen.
  2. The second difficulty is that they are still men.

1. If that demand is being met AND is presenting a real life issue outwith the heads of the GC/TERF folks and Culture War Ministers of the Crown then it needs dealing with. Current law almost certainly provides the tools already.
  2. Is a legally, so far as those with a GRC are concerned, nonsense. There may be some wiggle room in the Equalities Act in some limited instances but the generality is as above.

monkers

Legendary Member
That's what women have been saying.

They don't want their lives interrupted by men entering their changing spaces, sports or other private areas.

You've just failed your own test.

Actually ignore, that for I moment I confused you with Aurora.

How shall I mark you for comprehension / critical thinking skills today. I think it needs to be a zero.
Lol. The pomposity never disappoints.
Males who say they are transvestite tend to identify as 'male'. They are not necessarily on the path to transition, though a few might well be.
TVs are only protected by protected characteristic of 'gender reassignment' if they intend or are undergoing, or have completed transition.
What about the ones who say they are women? You know, the sex offender ones. The ones getting arrested aren't saying they are transvestites. They are saying they are women. Transwomen. And you were good with that when they weren't rapists but now it seems to be a problem.

For the purposes of crime recording, TVs tick the boxes of 'male' and of transgender, because 'transgender is an umbrella term and not a sex defining category'.
Forces record under differing criteria (which is a problem obvs). Some allow arrestees to self ID. They can be recorded as female if they wish. The police do not take it upon themselves to decide who is a transwoman and who is a transvestite. That would be ridiculous.

I do get that the word 'transgender' is a misleading term, and my main gripe with it is that is defines nothing. Nonetheless, only the hard of thinking will believe that the law says that TVs are female before the law.

Is it your view then that access to women's spaces and services should be limited to those with a GRC?

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
What about the ones who say they are women? You know, the sex offender ones. The ones getting arrested aren't saying they are transvestites. They are saying they are women. Transeomen. And you were good with that when they weren't rapists but now it seems to be a problem.

Risk assessment.

1. If that demand is being met AND is presenting a real life issue outwith the heads of the GC/TERF folks and Culture War Ministers of the Crown then it needs dealing with. Current law almost certainly provides the tools already.
Current law allows exclusion of males, GRC, or not, in limited circumstances. This is exactly what Stonewall and trans activists want overturning. They don't want access limiting to those who have a GRC.

1. Is a legally, so far as those with a GRC are concerned, nonsense. There may be some wiggle room in the Equalities Act in some limited instances but the generality is as above.
They remain men, GRC or not. There is literally no difference that a piece of paper can make to that. The EA allows exclusion on that basis, ie excluded for being male not excluded for being trans.

monkers

Legendary Member
Forces record under differing criteria (which is a problem obvs). Some allow arrestees to self ID. They can be recorded as female if they wish. The police do not take it upon themselves to decide who is a transwoman and who is a transvestite. That would be ridiculous.

Then criticize the system all you like. The police can quickly carry out checks, they have the means. I have no objection to a standardized system of recording.

D

Deleted member 159

When a woman demands that they 'need a real man' do they just mean anyone like you who is biologically male, or are they looking for something that you don't measure up to?

20230711_170653.gif

:laugh:

monkers

Legendary Member
And the risk comes from being male not being trans. Therefore transvestites and transwomen should be treated the same and assessed as male for purposes of calculating risk.

This is for the birds; just cognitive bias on testosterone. 'Lol'

Top Bottom