Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159

I started to watch the video, but don't have time, but I can say he is mixing all different species up to differentiate the difference between male and female.

In the formof human social norms there are women, men. You can have butch women, effeminate men. But you can't declare a man being a woman and having all the rights of women.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

But you can't declare a man being a woman and having all the rights of women.

As the law stands in the UK today you absolutely can.

Not quite all the rights for reasons discussed ad nauseam in in this thread re Equality Act etc. I believe the law also contains some savings as to Hereditary Titles too.

But for all practical purposes @CXRAndy is off beam.

monkers

Legendary Member
I well remember looking at a picture on the company intranet and thinking who are these weird people. Two Charles Hawtrey lookalikes and a woman who was half way to looking like a pantomime dame.

I then saw the headline about how a trans community was now being set up.

If I had started this post by saying the trans community where I work look weird no doubt I would have been berated for being transphobic. What should I do now - pretend they look normal when actually in this instance they don't?

I note Miss Netherlands has been won by a trans vrouw. From a distance looks like woman, close up much less so. Especially if juxtaposed against a real woman.

Now I am not an advocate of saying 'don't you look weird' when encountering this in the office, but how far is it reasonable to expect someone to go along with this world of make believe?

This is the ugly face of transphobia.

monkers

Legendary Member
I started to watch the video, but don't have time, but I can say he is mixing all different species up to differentiate the difference between male and female.

In the formof human social norms there are women, men. You can have butch women, effeminate men. But you can't declare a man being a woman and having all the rights of women.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

Why would you Homer?

You didn't due to your cognitive bias.

Cognitive bias in your own case is where you only seek out the opinions of other people with the same views, while facing opponents with lines such as this ...

Do you accept the biological facts, not just acknowledge they exist for manipulation

So yes Andy I accept the 'biological facts' when an actual biologist and educator talks about science, but I don't take science lessons from you for good reason - you don't know what you are talking about.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I well remember looking at a picture on the company intranet and thinking who are these weird people. Two Charles Hawtrey lookalikes and a woman who was half way to looking like a pantomime dame.

I then saw the headline about how a trans community was now being set up.

If I had started this post by saying the trans community where I work look weird no doubt I would have been berated for being transphobic. What should I do now - pretend they look normal when actually in this instance they don't?

I note Miss Netherlands has been won by a trans vrouw. From a distance looks like woman, close up much less so. Especially if juxtaposed against a real woman.

Now I am not an advocate of saying 'don't you look weird' when encountering this in the office, but how far is it reasonable to expect someone to go along with this world of make believe?

Plenty of people go along with your world of make believe...

And who's to say what a "real" woman looks like anyway?

Ian H

Legendary Member

Two people who resembled a film star, and a woman with inexpertly applied make-up.

Pale Rider

Veteran

Quite.

I had a quick google of Caster Semanya.

She looks like a man on the track, and in most of the pics of her off track she is dressed in smart male clothing.

Including her marriage pics in which she wears a dark suit and tie.

At some point 'if it looks like a duck...' must apply.

Inhumane is probably a bit of a strong word to use, but there's not really anything she can do about her genetic makeup.

What's inhumane is these athletes were allowed to compete in the female category in the first place. It was unfair to them and to their competitors. They have been failed by the sports organisations. CS's genetic make up means they are male. What about the elite women athletes who are losing out?

Ian H

Legendary Member
Quite.

She looks like a man on the track, and in most of the pics of her off track she is dressed in smart male clothing.

And that point is a long way beyond superficial appearance and dress-sense.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Quite.

Seriously? She looks like an athlete and wears what she wants to.

That's total speculation.

Where are the USA dsd athletes and the western European ones? They are predominantly African, a few South American. ie countries where pregnancy scans aren't always routine but home births and no ante natal care are common. Of course these conditions are going undiagnosed until puberty.

Re: Fatima Whitbread. She has stated that she thinks transwomen should have their own category and not compete with women.

Last edited:

Ian H

Legendary Member
Looks very much like an athletic woman to me. If you imagine athletic women look like men, I think that's a you problem. They remain women regardless of what they look like, of course, athletic or not.

I assume you didn't read what I was responding to.

Top Bottom