Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
When I logged on earlier there were 8 people on the entire forum. Touching that you think one thread on a niche bike site at the arse end of the Internet wields such power though.

So we're back to you not knowing how to do data. How cute of you.

D

Deleted member 159

So we're back to you not knowing how to do data. How cute of you.

Easily imagine your reaction 🤣

20230714_201054.gif

Mr Celine

In the absence of a third space (which is the sokution transactivists refuse to entertain) I think Caster Semenya should use the toilets appropriate for their sex, which is male. Which toilets do you think men with a medical condition should use?

OK.

Imagine you lived in a society where this was the norm -
white-area-2659675-59b3100c9abed50011b39be7-5b22e2b0ff1b7800377e8a3e.jpg

Would you allow this person to use this space?
Albinisitic_man_portrait.jpg

In the absence of a third space (which is the sokution transactivists refuse to entertain) I think Caster Semenya should use the toilets appropriate for their sex, which is male. Which toilets do you think men with a medical condition should use?
That would depend onthe medical condition. Some might use the disabled toilets, which are unisex, simply because there's more room.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I'd have contributed more to this thread tonight, but I've been out disregarding the safety/modesty of my own sex.

OK. Imagine you lived in a society where this was the norm -
View attachment 4235

Do you think it's a good analogy to suggest that giving special privileges to a subset of men on the basis of their feelings is the same as denying equality to whole races of people?

Segregation was a method used by the dominant oppressor group in order to maintain power. Separation in terms of single sex services and spaces was a way to provide safety, dignity, and privacy for an oppressed group (women, including black women), not as a way to further oppress an already disadvantaged class.

Your re-casting women as the privileged class is deeply dishonest. Switching women into being the oppressors by comparing single sex spaces, which exist for very positive & necessary reasons, to racial apartheid/segregation is insulting to everyone who has ever lived under racial apartheid.

Are disabled people also the equivalent of racists for wanting their own toilets?

D

Deleted member 159

This will be interesting

Downing Street set to publish advice suggesting period of reflection for pupils who want to transition

Mr Celine

OK.

Imagine you lived in a society where this was the norm -
View attachment 4235

Would you allow this person to use this space?
View attachment 4236
Do you think it's a good analogy to suggest that giving special privileges to a subset of men on the basis of their feelings is the same as denying equality to whole races of people?

Segregation was a method used by the dominant oppressor group in order to maintain power. Separation in terms of single sex services and spaces was a way to provide safety, dignity, and privacy for an oppressed group (women, including black women), not as a way to further oppress an already disadvantaged class.

Your re-casting women as the privileged class is deeply dishonest. Switching women into being the oppressors by comparing single sex spaces, which exist for very positive & necessary reasons, to racial apartheid/segregation is insulting to everyone who has ever lived under racial apartheid.

Are disabled people also the equivalent of racists for wanting their own toilets?

The point of my post clearly went way over your head.

My post was nothing more than a reply to yours stating that a woman assigned female at birth and raised as such should be excluded from women's toilets.

The existence of people like Caster Semenya shows the absurdity of attempting to rigidly allocate facilities by dividing all people into only two categories.
There will always be exceptions who don't obviously fit into either category or could fit into both.
It isn't black and white...

mudsticks

Squire
Suddenly you can do numbers. You've past the test. Now there is no excuse for all the all of the data fraud you've been committing to promote alarmism against trans women.

This alarmism is inciting hatred and violence against trans women and cis women. I've been saying it. You keep on promoting judgement by appearance, which promotes violence by perception. Here is a case in point in today's news ...

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/07/14/indiana-michelle-dionne-peacock-trans-killed/

So you'd concede that your 'women do more violence than men' assertion was incorrect.

As we already knew ofc

How does baselessly slandering womankind like this, when they have overwhelmingly been the victims, not the perpetrators of violence, particularly sexual violence, fit into your ideas of supposedly being a 'feminist' .??

If you want to reduce the violence done to women (including that done to transwomen) then telling untruths about the quantity of violence they do (and suggesting that any violence they do is somehow overlooked or minimised) is a weird way of going about it.

In reality there is far more "Shock horror, how could she??" When a woman is the perpetrator.

But then again if she doesn't use physicality, to say resist being raped, then that's often a point against her being seen as a 'legitimate' victim.

"Why didn't she fight back??"

Top Bottom