Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
You or anyone can live as you like, dress as you like.

You can't expect women to accept them into their safe spaces, sports etc.

monkers

Legendary Member
You or anyone can live as you like, dress as you like.

You can't expect women to accept them into their safe spaces, sports etc.

Yet we do, so your idea of how women should behave doesn't fit with our reality.

It's instructive that you are unsure.
I'm not unsure. The only way to 'live as a woman' is to be born a biological female and survive until adulthood. It's a state of being, not doing, acting, or dressing.

Essentially each woman is free to make her own choices of how to live. Some women adhere to the stereotypes, others like me don't.
Adhering or not adhering to stereotypes does not make you a woman, or not a woman. Though of course without stereotypes there would be no such thing as transgender. Because what are you transitioning to other than stereotypes associated with the opposite sex?

The problem comes when there are people who go around criticising other people because they think that others should comply with their own expectations of how others should live, often caused by some irrational fear or another.
It's actually transgender ideology that is based on irrationality. For example the irrational idea that men can be women or that how you look, dress, or act, has anything to do with what sex you are.

You haven't answered the question at all. There are 80 billion individuals on earth, each living how they wish. The claim is that you can 'live as a woman', ie in a way that is in some way different from how men live and a unique experience shared only by women. What are these 'woman' things that transwomen can also share, but other men can't?

Being a transwoman is a uniquely male experience. No man has a frame of reference for what being a woman is like other than stereotypes.

Last edited:
In what sense are they 'being' women though? We seem to agree that being male or female is nothing to do with how you dress or act. If it isn't related to biology, what is it that makes them a woman? It can't be how they feel in their head as a) they have no frame of reference for how 'woman' feels, and b) how can they even know that they feel the same as women or even other transwomen? Our feelings are subjective.

Ian H

Guru
In what sense are they 'being' women though? We seem to agree that being male or female is nothing to do with how you dress or act. If it isn't related to biology, what is it that makes them a woman? It can't be how they feel in their head as a) they have no frame of reference for how 'woman' feels, and b) how can they even know that they feel the same as women or even other transwomen? Our feelings are subjective.

Indeed, and logically from your question, how can you know how any other woman feels?
As for 'feel in their head', what does that even mean?

I can't. But there are shared experiences, rooted in biology, and in how women are treated because of our biology, that women alone can experience.

By 'a feeling in your head' I mean how you identify as opposed to what you are. When Person A says 'I identify as X', how do you know that means the same as when Person B says 'I identify as X'? What frame of reference does a transwoman have to say 'I am a woman'? Being male or female is an embodied experience. It can't be identified in to or out of.

monkers

Legendary Member
I'm not unsure. The only way to 'live as a woman' is to be born a biological female and survive until adulthood. It's a state of being, not doing, acting, or dressing.

Being born as a female does not define 'living as a woman' - not even close. You and I might both be born female, but I'd hate my life if it resembled your's. Yet we are both women.

monkers

Legendary Member

You had already said 'living as a woman'. So according to you all women feel the same; and yet we disagree on how women feel. That's because I am a woman with strong gender identity of what it is to be a woman, and you say you have none. You've created a paradox of your own life and wish to impose it on all others.

But of course those of us who know who we are have an 'ideology'. You are on very confused individual.

Top Bottom