Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You had already said 'living as a woman'. So according to you all women feel the same; and yet we disagree on how women feel.

No, I didn't say that. Feelings are subjective. I said women have shared experiences, often rooted in biology, that men cannot share. Same for men, of course. There is no 'living as a woman', other than that imposed on women because of their biology. None of which men can share.

But of course those of us who know who we are have an 'ideology'. You are on very confused individual.

The only frame of reference a man can have for being a woman is society's stereotypes. No man can be a woman because it's an embodied experience, and the same for women. It must be exhausting spending your life trying to be something you can never be, feeling you have to dress a certain way, talk a certain way, act a certain way. It's the opposite of 'knowing who you are'.

classic33

No, I didn't say that. Feelings are subjective. I said women have shared experiences, often rooted in biology, that men cannot share. Same for men, of course. There is no 'living as a woman', other than that imposed on women because of their biology. None of which men can share.

The only frame of reference a man can have for being a woman is society's stereotypes. No man can be a woman because it's an embodied experience, and the same for women. It must be exhausting spending your life trying to be something you can never be, feeling you have to dress a certain way, talk a certain way, act a certain way. It's the opposite of 'knowing who you are'.
Assuming you believe the first part in bold to be true, how then can you possibly know the answer to the second part in bold.

You'd have lived to what a "society" wanted you to be, not what you wanted to be.

CXRAndy

Guru
I said women have shared experiences, often rooted in biology, that men cannot share. Same for men, of course. There is no 'living as a woman', other than that imposed on women because of their biology. None of which men can share

rooted in biology

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Indeed, and logically from your question, how can you know how any other woman feels?
As for 'feel in their head', what does that even mean?

But this thread is absolutely full of monkers telling us how women don't feel threatened in shared spaces. I notice though that you have never once asked her how she can possibly know how other women feel.

monkers

Legendary Member
When a gaggle of men turn up mainsplaining to women that they are the ones who truly know how women should feel, and hector women into accepting that their version of womanhood as the only correct one, it seems very odd. Apparently they can do this while not believing that gender identity exists.

Seems to me that these people presenting as men, but being so in tune with what it is to be a woman, might not be declaring something about themselves. Time to come out of the closet lads?

CXRAndy

Guru
When a gaggle of men turn up mainsplaining to women that they are the ones who truly know how women should feel, and hector women into accepting that their version of womanhood as the only correct one, it seems very odd. Apparently they can do this while not believing that gender identity exists.

Seems to me that these people presenting as men, but being so in tune with what it is to be a woman, might not be declaring something about themselves. Time to come out of the closet lads?

What!!

You want a dick pic ?

:stop:

:laugh:

There's no version of womanhood, simply the state of being female or not. Whether gender identity exists or not is irrelevant to this because it's a material reality not a metaphysical belief.

Several times on here you've suggested that people who disagree might be transgender. You're like the school bully who thinks that calling their opponents gay would scare people off. How weird that you imagine this works on a forum full of adults. Kind of telling though that you see being transgender as some sort of insult or frightener, an accusation to be deployed to shut people up. I might as well say 'Every accusation is a confession' as the saying goes.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member

If you are mansplained by a transgender man, who had not transitioned but was living as a man for the pre-requisite time period, would that still be mansplaining and would you deal with them with the same amount of ridicule and disdain as you do when biological men do it?

monkers

Legendary Member
What!!

You want a dick pic ?

:stop:

:laugh:

No, I want you to stop believing that you know more about what is to be a woman than women do. The only way you could know as much, is to have the gender identity of a woman. If so then I'll listen. I don't need a picture of a 'dick pic' thanks, you sounding like one is already more than I need.

multitool

Pharaoh
Dickpic:

09_53_39_159.jpg

monkers

Legendary Member
If you are mansplained by a transgender man, who had not transitioned but was living as a man for the pre-requisite time period, would that still be mansplaining and would you deal with them with the same amount of ridicule and disdain as you do when biological men do it?

Depends if he's manspreading at the same time.

Top Bottom