Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Because women staff are shoot scared of being disciplined or sacked for voicing completely reasonable concerns about privacy, modesty and safety.

That may be part of it, but civil servants in general are not known for making a fuss.

They believe the smart play is to beaver away at their desks, heads down, safe in the knowledge that a well-pensioned and possibly early retirement will eventually be theirs.

Rocking the boat is an absolute no-no.

I daresay the man who converted would have faced a bumpier ride had he worked in a newsroom.

Mind, he also wouldn't have been able to afford the surgery.

That may be part of it, but civil servants in general are not known for making a fuss.

They believe the smart play is to beaver away at their desks, heads down, safe in the knowledge that a well-pensioned and possibly early retirement will eventually be theirs.

Rocking the boat is an absolute no-no.

I daresay the man who converted would have faced a bumpier ride had he worked in a newsroom.

Mind, he also wouldn't have been able to afford the surgery.

The person concerned had actually relatively recently retired but was not a serving CS at the time. Been appointed to a Quango board by Ministers in accordance with legislation. In the office once a month for meeting and occasionally for other stuff.

Only person I heard predict 'trouble at t'Mill' was male. There's a whole backstory with him but not relevant here.

Believe me, if female colleagues, staff or fellow appointees, had wanted to object they could and would. Even if they'd kept their heads down the vibes would have been there.

Do you have anything to say about the substance of what I posted??

Big difference between sharing an office toilet with a male colleague and the general principle of allowing male access to all women's single sex spaces and services.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Do you have anything to say about the substance of what I posted??

I can rub along with your entreaty to 'do it properly' although I believe not all medical science, like widespread access to international air travel, is of universal benefit.

I have a far bigger problem with the way children are dealt with.

As a keen sports watcher, I am also much against anything which ruins the competitive nature of any sport.

I can rub along with your entreaty to 'do it properly' although I believe not all medical science, like widespread access to international air travel, is of universal benefit.

I have a far bigger problem with the way children are dealt with.

As a keen sports watcher, I am also much against anything which ruins the competitive nature of any sport.

A don't think we're that far apart.

Sport, at least at pro/elite level, is a 'special case' and needs proper thought and solutions which, at least at pro level, will have to be applied internationally.

Children need to be dealt with properly and sympathetically. Based on what I've read, this may be where, in the UK, we've not got it right, but maybe not massively wrong either in reality. The Keira Bell case and the one about wait lists for GIC appointments are both interesting reading.

My layman's view is that perhaps affirmation has come to quickly. The massive change in natal sex of those seeking GIC help - ie the swing form nearly all male to a lot of females approaching puberty - has not been properly dealt with.

On the other hand hoping it will go away while letting puberty take its course and saying you'll have to sort it after 16 or 18 isn't viable or humane either.

Poor effort.
on your part again! Maybe you should start posting those essay's again so you can pretend to look smart again.. (but just stupid to anyone who actually reand and can link contents to topic)

@dutchguylivingintheuk

Don't worry about Monkers.

She slags off anyone with a reasonable rationale opinion.

You know she really likes you when insulting starts. ;)
I known been there before just got bored of the likes of that person that why i was on other places for some time.

Yeah, cut the cloggy a bit of slack.

It's obvious the comprehension of his posts is hampered by being written by someone using English as a second language.

The Dutch also seem to be knee deep in world class cyclists, which is another reason to show them some respect.
Well it's typicall wokishem, doesn't matter if it's dutch, chinese or anything else, it's the good old saying ''if you can't win with arguments dazzle them with bullsh!t''

AndyRM

Elder Goth
When you start chucking words like "woke" around, you really have lost whatever point it was you were trying to make.

See also: snowflake, because it generally seems to be the accusers who seem to be so sensitive about the term.

Personally I prefer "Suck it up, buttercup."

CXRAndy

Guru
Woman and women words to be added back after huge backlash in hospital literature. NHS dropped woke policy after outcry

Screenshot_20230724_183537_Chrome.jpg

When you start chucking words like "woke" around, you really have lost whatever point it was you were trying to make.

See also: snowflake, because it generally seems to be the accusers who seem to be so sensitive about the term.

Personally I prefer "Suck it up, buttercup."
I don't agree it all, i mean re-read what i wrote and replace wokeism with ''suck it up buttercup'' apart from the sentence being a bit weird it doesn't change anything.
However just as we can attribute some charatistics to people who favor communism, other to poeple who favor republicanism, others to the hippie area and so on there are also things attributed to woke. For example ignoring all context raise your own victimhood above everything else, portray yourself as an oppressed victim only to oppress other opinions and shelving away any criticism as ''homophobic'' ''transphobic'' ''racist etc. not only does that not help any discussion it also decreases the meaning of those words.

Pale Rider

Veteran
For example ignoring all context raise your own victimhood above everything else, portray yourself as an oppressed victim o

I saw a vid a while ago - couldn't find it now - of what looked like a bloke who decided to film himself going into a chicken shop.

He was wearing jeans and a leather jacket, and had longish hair and eye make up - that being the only clue he might identify as a woman.

During the verbal interaction to order his/her meal, the young assistant managed to call him 'sir'.

Hard to see any malice in that, she was little more than a child, but it didn't half set the customer off on one.

He bellowed the same old stuff about transphobia, his rights, etc, etc.

A supervisor arrived and tried to calm the situation.

Comically, she managed to call him 'bro' - it was in America - which only made the situation worse.

The poor fellow then had to reach for even higher levels of indignation.

That he decided in advance to film the transaction suggests he was hoping to spark a dispute.

I wonder how many chicken dinners he had to buy that day to get the result he wanted.

Top Bottom