Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
No-one who's spent any time on this forum could mistake English - as an academic discipline - with Journalism, surely?

There ought to be some overlap, surely. :smile:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Even the Mail follows this forum:

BDYZbxu.jpg

Pale Rider

Veteran
Oh dear, I appear to be making another personal snipe.

Oh dear, mentioning gender is not the same as sexism, just as mentioning race does not make you a racist.

Is that so difficult to understand?

Trumpian levels of self regard.

And yes, I know I’m reinforcing your persecution complex. Ain’t psychology fun?

It's just an observation, there are four or five posters constantly attacking one.

Of course, it's all bread and circuses for those like you on the sidelines, so you can describe prodding at another poster as 'fun'.

Hardly chimes with your woke leftie 'we are all here for each other' stance, does it?

Same applies to the others all abusing one poster

Thus the dozens of right on socially responsible posts on here cannot be believed, which doesn't say a great deal for the honesty and integrity of those who post them.

Perish the thought of being thought impolite:

https://www.notanothercyclingforum.net/index.php?topic=7828.msg17787#new

Curses. I see what you did there.

Dunno what's going on there, but it is mildly amusing.

CXRAndy

Guru
New guidelines and psychiatric care for trans ideology indoctrination

Telegraph

Dr David Bell, a consultant psychiatrist and former governor at the Tavistock before he became a whistleblower said:

“For me, there is a structural problem which needs particular caution: referring a child to a gender service, even if they are seen in the context of a multidisciplinary team, in that the mere fact of referral is consequential.

“It risks the child’s difficulties being viewed by themselves and their family as primarily to do with gender

“The extent to which these hormones have been officially prescribed for this purpose is concerning given the lack of evidence base on their long-term effects.

“While that remains the case, there should be a very high bar for their usage with children.”

As part of the new approach, medics have been reminded that for “most” young people, the feeling of being in the wrong body is just a “phase” and does not persist into adulthood

He added:

We are corrupting a child’s capacity to have an imagination and imposing a gender stereotype on them.”

It comes after revelations by this newspaper that Susie Green, then chairman of controversial charity Mermaids, had been able to refer children

even when their GP repeatedly refused.

Teachers and social workers had also previously been able to refer children to the Tavistock.

Jesus farking H Christ these teachers, social workers and anyone advocates using chemical castration drugs or surgery on children should be sent to gaol for a very very long time

classic33

And yet to use medications, whose long term side effects aren't yet fully understood/clear to treat Anorexia is considered perfectly okay.

Some of the newer ones were developed for treatment of other conditions.

No, it isn't. Children with anorexia are referred to mental health care, they aren't given diet pills to allow them to get the body they finally feel comfortable with. And if they are prescribed medication, for example anti-depressants, those are meds which have decades of research and trials involving hundreds of thousands of patients, not puberty blockers, the evidence for the benefit of which is poor quality and scant and the long term effects unknown.

Barbie Kardashian has just been moved to a male prison by the way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ir...rdashian-transferred-male-prison-30614173.amp

As has transwoman Scottish murderer Sophie Eastwood, after 6 years in Cornton Vale women's jail:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ersial-scot-trans-prisoner-moved-30623928.amp

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Jesus Christ these teachers, social workers and anyone advocates using chemical castration drugs or surgery on children should be sent to gaol for a very very long time
Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin [stumble] it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened round his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the man by whom the temptation comes!

It is one thing for adults who may have a mental problem that their body and gender don't match. I would have thought it better to deal with this in the mind rather than painful physical medical intervention, but that's up for debate. I would never advocate discrimination against or mistreatment of those who go down this route and disappear into the woodwork. I would draw the line with sports and women's refuges, that is, there is a limit on transitioning that recognises there remains an element of fiction in it.

When it comes to children though this is a different matter. Putting gender confusion into their heads when they are very young is to my mind child abuse. All the more so when most grow out of this problem if they have it at all, and the damage done by medical intervention is irreversible after a while. Compare detransitioners who testify that this kind of medical attempt at a 'new birth' didn't work because it didn't deal with the real problem.

Children don't need to be sexually aware except for being warned against adults who would prey on them. The irony is 'activists' would fall into this category as far as I am concerned, made worse imo if their way of life precludes them from ever having children themselves. Talk about making a child stumble.
And yet to use medications, whose long term side effects aren't yet fully understood/clear to treat Anorexia is considered perfectly okay.
Visting a psychiatric unit a fair while ago I saw anorexic girls who were little more than walking skeletons. It was horrible. I don't know as a non-medical person whether the underlying problem here is mental or physical or a combination of the two, but any drug used to try to counteract this destructive behaviour is an attempt to heal and put right what has gone wrong, and save teenagers from an early death.

The drugs used to start 'transitioning' do the opposite - they start to physically wreck a healthy body, and even if this is all pursued to a complete transition with cosmetic surgery it doesn't appear to reduce the suicide rate. It is questionable about using such drugs at all, even more so when long term effects are unknown.

Mr Celine

And if they are prescribed medication, for example anti-depressants, those are meds which have decades of research and trials involving hundreds of thousands of patients...
Anorexic children are often given olanzapine, an antipsychotic. Not because they have any psychotic symptoms but because the most common side effect of olanzapine is weight gain. This is a drug only licenced in 1991 for its original purpose and although there has been some research there doesn't appear to be much on children without psychotic symptoms.

Top Bottom