Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
The NICE review of the major research in this field for the Cass Report couldn't find evidence of benefit for puberty blockers and said most studies were of poor quality.

Good to see you were up into the small hours obsessing.

See that bolded? That's the key bit of your misrepresentation of this report. Try changing those two words to "because" and it'll actually represent what the report says.

If the studies are of low quality and unreliable then so are the conclusions. The complaint is of a lack of quality research in this field, and therefore no reliable evidence as to the efficacy of those treatment.

Because you are a conspiricist zealot you've interpreted this to mean that there is evidence that this therapeutic approach does not work.

This is a crucial difference. The approach has been suspended because of lack of evidence, but the approach is still permitted for research purposes. ie. Cass wants some evidence either way, because currently there isn't any.

So, there you go. Misrepresenting Cass. How very you.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Perhaps there are two Casses, after all, the Weebly Wobblies proliferated fairly quickly.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Nothing to say as usual, just personal attack.

Says a lot more than your previous post.

Perhaps there are two tools, and you are confused about that as well.

There might even be more than one Aurora and Pale Rider.

What a muddle we'd all be in.

Do I give the impression the hair splitting over some non-report is worthy of ridicule?

Surely not.

Yours,

The one and only Pale Rider.

If the studies are of low quality and unreliable then so are the conclusions. The complaint is of a lack of quality research in this field, and therefore no reliable evidence as to the efficacy of those treatment.
Yet you support puberty blockers for children. Again, you know better that the scientists conducting the review of evidence for the Cass Report.

Because you are a conspiricist zealot you've interpreted this to mean that there is evidence that this therapeutic approach does not work.
No, I interpret it to mean that we are turning kids into lifelong medical patients when there is no scientific evidence that puberty blockers improve their wellbeing in the long term. It's not a risk free treatment. The onus is on you to prove they are of benefit, not on anyone else to prove they aren't not of benefit.

So, there you go. Misrepresenting Cass. How very you.
How very you to try to spin a decisive move away from the affirmative model and the medicalised route, towards a holistic therapy based approach, as 'Cass wants some evidence either way, because currently there isn't any'. There is plenty of evidence that the therapy route works and that body dysphoria in children resolves on its own.

Seriously though, drop Dr Cass a line. I'm sure she'll be interested in 'research' based on an online survey, with recruits from adverts on Snapchat, where you got 50 bucks for filling it in. Nobody would ever pretend to be a child or young person, or on puberty blockers when they weren't, in order to do an anonymous online survey for $50.....

Pale Rider

Veteran
Giving any medicine to little Jonny just because he says he wants to be known as little Janet strikes me as a grievous misuse of the medicine.

Which doesn't make me anti-trans, it makes me anti-child abuse, which this is.

multitool

Pharaoh
Yet you support puberty blockers for children. Again, you know better that the scientists conducting the review of evidence for the Cass Report.

Do I? That's news to me,even if that statement is so ill-defined as to be meaningless.

No, I interpret it to mean that we are turning kids into lifelong medical patients when there is no scientific evidence that puberty blockers improve their wellbeing in the long term. It's not a risk free treatment. The onus is on you to prove they are of benefit, not on anyone else to prove they aren't not of benefit.

The onus isn't on me to prove anything. I'm not part of your rancid little obsession.

How very you to try to spin a decisive move away from the affirmative model and the medicalised route, towards a holistic therapy based approach, as 'Cass wants some evidence either way, because currently there isn't any'. There is plenty of evidence that the therapy route works and that body dysphoria in children resolves on its own.

We are back to Schroedinger's Gender care, which is simultaneously transing any kid that so much as has a passing thought about gender identity, cutting off their genitals and pumping them full of hormones whilst being the only care provider in the country with a waiting time of years and turning away patients in their droves.

Seriously though, drop Dr Cass a line. I'm sure she'll be interested in 'research' based on an online survey, with recruits from adverts on Snapchat, where you got 50 bucks for filling it in. Nobody would ever pretend to be a child or young person, or on puberty blockers when they weren't, in order to do an anonymous online survey for $50.....

I'm sure she would be very much more interested in your hysterical internet rabbit-hole bollox

multitool

Pharaoh
Giving any medicine to little Jonny just because he says he wants to be known as little Janet strikes me as a grievous misuse of the medicine.

Which doesn't make me anti-trans, it makes me anti-child abuse, which this is.

No, it makes you a gullible recipient of tabloid hysteria

icowden

Legendary Member
You are correct. My mistake. Doesn't mean I know nothing. It just means I was mistaken on this occasion. Hardly a serious error.
A serious error is of the type you make, where you claim that a number under 50% is "a majority".
No no no. By your standard you are telling lies again. Or are you going to apologise to @AuroraSaab for calling her a liar based on your own failure to understand the information presented to you?

Top Bottom