Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Bit of an Occam's Razor thing, surely?
Not really.

icowden

Legendary Member
My point is that the simplest explanation is that Keen and her Proud Boy guests are part of the same larger movement or tendency. Every other explanation seems, to put it kindly, a bit of a stretch.
Yes, and mine is that they aren't. KJK is an advocate of freedom of speech for women. The Proud Boys are only there because they are anti-trans. They have no interest in freedom of speech for women but are trying to get validation through KJK's movement. Personally I don't care whether they are there or not. If they are advocating freedom of speech I don't have a problem. If they are advocating killing trans people then that counts as hate speech and they should be locked up.

The "GC" lobby - whether it is KJK, JK Rowling, Graham Linehan, Sharon Davies or whoever - have never said that they want to stop men living as women or vice versa. The issues raised are around the silencing of the concerns of women, women's safety and the safety of children and young people particularly as regards medical and pharmaceutical intervention. All of them ask for the same thing which is free and open discussion.

This in turn is represented as extremism.

It is baffling to me that sensible discussion is now something that some people think should be forbidden.

multitool

Pharaoh
Ike, the Nazis used free speech to end free speech, just as they used democracy to end democracy.

These things are NOT uncomplicated binaries.

The acid test is asking oneself "do I want neo-nazis speaking at my rally?"
Any sane person would say 'no'. She says "yes".

Any anti-nazi would ask " Do I want neo-nazis attending my rallies?" and the answer would be "No", and that would be made clear.

Keen-Minshull says and does nothing except invite them onto her platform.

It could not be clearer.

multitool

Pharaoh
The "GC" lobby - whether it is KJK, JK Rowling, Graham Linehan, Sharon Davies or whoever - have never said that they want to stop men living as women or vice versa.

So when KJK screams "groomer" at trans women, what is it exactly that you think she is saying?

CXRAndy

Guru
Graham lineham's new book is getting great reviews. Trans are having melt down

Willoughby, "what's wrong with these people"

They've got a sense of humour and huge dose of common sense :laugh:

multitool

Pharaoh
I'm sure you used to love telling gay and racist jokes, didn't you, Andy, until all those humourless 'woke' people made it really tricky

icowden

Legendary Member
Keen-Minshull says and does nothing except invite them onto her platform.
Does she though?

This was her statement to Pink News after the Melbourne Rally:-
Keen-Minshull told PinkNews that despite the presence of the far-right groups being felt, she believed none of them were actually at the rally.
“No men dressed in black who gave Nazi salutes were at the rally” she said. “Nazis are abhorrent, no right-minded person sides with Nazis, they have absolutely nothing to do with Let Women Speak.”

She has been quite clear in her statements that she does not support the far right. She seems to speak to whoever wants her to speak out, and is very poor at checking *why* they want to invite her. She has previously stated that she was not aware of far right associations of the people she spoke to.

Mind you, she also said Tucker Carlson was a lovely person, so she is clearly a poor judge of character.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Graham lineham's new book is getting great reviews. Trans are having melt down

Willoughby, "what's wrong with these people"

They've got a sense of humour and huge dose of common sense :laugh:

It's been endorsed by some fellow comedians, hardly "great reviews" from normal punters who've read it.

Out of interest I'll probably read it. Mostly because unlike most people who do or say outrageous things, it doesn't seem to be an act with him.

Top Bottom