Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Does she though?

This was her statement to Pink News after the Melbourne Rally:-

She has been quite clear in her statements that she does not support the far right. She seems to speak to whoever wants her to speak out, and is very poor at checking *why* they want to invite her. She has previously stated that she was not aware of far right associations of the people she spoke to.

Mind you, she also said Tucker Carlson was a lovely person, so she is clearly a poor judge of character.

LOL.

So far almost any expert who was gender critical has been shoved away as being either ''transphobic'' crazy or anything else. The victim i earlier showe was simply ignored, trans lobby-ing is nice unless it gets to hard apperenty.
So now we have a youtube interview here off a child care professional who has concenrs, calls it a child protection issue the link is here:

View: https://youtu.be/VgZ4mg74kNc?si=k5F1afx7vTVCOZlv

So i'm very intresrest to hear what she has done wrong and why her concerns are not valid according to the trans lobby-ist, or if it is just to hard so just gets ignored.

CXRAndy

Guru
Child with gender dysphoria = send immediately for gender treatment, do not pass go, straight to puberty blockers.

No psychiatric treatment

Its like trans want to create a population of youngsters, with no possibility of returning to normal life.

Creation of a clone army:laugh:

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
It's been endorsed by some fellow comedians, hardly "great reviews" from normal punters who've read it.
Well that would be tricky as it hasn't yet been published (due out October 12th).

I still find it amazing that this is viewed as extremist:-
Speaking to The Times this year, Linehan denied disliking trans people. He said: “Trans is so loosely defined. It seems to cover both Eddie Izzard and a 16-year-old girl who’s got dysphoria. There’s got to be an understanding of the difference between a transsexual who has been through something immense in their lives and someone who’s putting on black fingernail polish and trying to get into the ladies’.

“As we keep pointing out, we are only talking about places where conflict arises. My point has never changed. It’s about women in prison, women in rape crisis centres, women in changing rooms. It’s about children. It’s about homophobia. It’s about an incredible new form of sexism that I think is the worst ever. I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve never seen this kind of hate and aggression towards women.”

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Well that would be tricky as it hasn't yet been published (due out October 12th).

I still find it amazing that this is viewed as extremist:-

I'm aware, I was just disputing the "great reviews" thing.

Linehan has likened trans issues to death camps, doxxed people and pretended to be a woman on a dating website. He's an absolute melt.

CXRAndy

Guru
I still find it amazing that this is viewed as extremist

It's not in the mainstream public. It is perfectly sensible.

What is extreme is the reaction to women defending their spaces. Mainly by men who are into trans ideology.

They make so much noise, so much so, they have flagged themselves, general public now are fully aware and are not standing for it.

Ian H

Guru
I'm aware, I was just disputing the "great reviews" thing.

Linehan has likened trans issues to death camps, doxxed people and pretended to be a woman on a dating website. He's an absolute melt.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/graham-linehan-twitter-trans-rights-b2253532.html gives a fair assessment of his decent to weird nastiness.

icowden

Legendary Member
It started off well but...
He continually misgendered trans people and implied that claiming to be trans was often an excuse for men to get entry to women’s spaces – dismissing the overwhelming majority for whom this is simply untrue. He even attempted to block lottery funding going to charities that supported trans children.
There is no such thing as trans children and the writer of this piece disingenuously forgets to mention that the charity in question was Mermaids. Follow the link and you get a puff piece about how great Mermaids is, containing a large amount of big woo such as "children know that they are in the wrong body from birth". This is complete rowlocks in my personal view.

Freedoms of speech is for everyone also persons you might think are or might even be nasty. But the trans lobby is very good at getting venue's to cancel them, that is wrong.
If you don't agree see what you say if it happens the other way around.. oh wait we seen it already, 20 pages of outrage about men stopping trans-persons and drag queens during book reading sessions this year.

Democracy only works if it is for the many not the few.

Ian H

Guru
It started off well but...

There is no such thing as trans children and the writer of this piece disingenuously forgets to mention that the charity in question was Mermaids. Follow the link and you get a puff piece about how great Mermaids is, containing a large amount of big woo such as "children know that they are in the wrong body from birth". This is complete rowlocks in my personal view.

Mermaids is still a functioning charity.

icowden

Legendary Member
Freedoms of speech is for everyone also persons you might think are or might even be nasty. But the trans lobby is very good at getting venue's to cancel them, that is wrong.
We agree.
If you don't agree see what you say if it happens the other way around.. oh wait we seen it already, 20 pages of outrage about men stopping trans-persons and drag queens during book reading sessions this year.
Firstly I don't agree with people who conflate Drag Queens with Transwomen. They are completely different things. Drag Queens do not wish to become women or pretend to be women.

To understand why Linehan was campaigning against Mermaids you need to understand what Mermaids is about:-
In the years from 2000, Mermaids alongside another campaign group, GIRES (Gender Identity Research and Education Society), lobbied clinicians at the NHS Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS) for early interventions on children.[13] After taking her child to Boston, Massachusetts in 2007 to receive puberty blockers, Susie Green worked to make them available in Britain from GIDS.[13] In response, GIDS began prescribing blockers from 2011 onwards, making them widely available in response to demand from families.[13] Clinical psychologist Kirsty Entwistle, on the GIDS staff from 2017, said: "Those who'd connected with Mermaids were terrified, because they'd been told that their child was going to kill themselves if they didn't get blockers."[13] GIDS describes suicide as "extremely rare".[13]
Linehan was not asking for Mermaids to be silenced. What he was asking is that serious thought be given as to why charity money should be given to a charity which specifically advocates for irreversible life changing medical and surgical intervention on children. In his view, and in the view of many people this is plain wrong.

Children in this position need safety and support. Let them do what they need to do for their mental health. But hormone treatment and surgery is in many people's view, not the right way forward. Let the kids grow up into adults. Support them, work with them and then once they are post puberty, then, maybe consider life changing treatment.

Even then, many would disagree with medical techniques being used to fundamentally maim / disfigure a perfectly normal body. If someone wants their leg chopped off, it doesn't matter how sincere they are about it. We don't do it.

This is an area that needs open discussion and much thought. My personal view is that this sort of surgery should not be available either via the NHS or privately. But then I would also ban private plastic surgery, which should be used only as treatment (e.g. for disfigurement due to injury). Enjoy your nose, your wrinkles etc. If you can't then it isn't the nose or the wrinkles that are the problem. Most people who have plastic surgery seem to have more and more of it - because how they look is not the problem.

Top Bottom