Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst I welcome your clarification, I take issue with your last point.

"GC supporters" have an issue with all trans people. The clue is in the GC bit.
No they lenghty post you ignored discussed this indept, there is an difference between being critical and being against. Disowning you son/daughter because he/she is trans is having an issue with transpeople. Not agree with the fact medical professionals seem to go to fast with prescribing puberty blockers etc. is common sense
here below an victim in their own words.

View: https://twitter.com/genspect/status/1663805509810499586?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1663805509810499586%7Ctwgr%5E2d560e92a9181bf20908de03afcea2223ba4a8fd%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.geenstijl.nl%2F5170864%2Fsucces-met-alles-jaylinn-je-kan-het%2F

multitool

Pharaoh
Nope. "Gender critical" means they deny the concept of gender. They think it is impossible to be trans.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
No they lenghty post you ignored discussed this indept, there is an difference between being critical and being against. Disowning you son/daughter because he/she is trans is having an issue with transpeople. Not agree with the fact medical professionals seem to go to fast with prescribing puberty blockers etc. is common sense
here below an victim in their own words.

View: https://twitter.com/genspect/status/1663805509810499586?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1663805509810499586%7Ctwgr%5E2d560e92a9181bf20908de03afcea2223ba4a8fd%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.geenstijl.nl%2F5170864%2Fsucces-met-alles-jaylinn-je-kan-het%2F

While I respect their experience, what they are saying isn't really all that different to a lot of people's formative sexual years, regardless of puberty blockers.

While I respect their experience, what they are saying isn't really all that different to a lot of people's formative sexual years, regardless of puberty blockers.
Think you're missing the point, whether you can dispute if it's normal if you can't feel attraction on the way it should be because of medication is an other, the point is more that these medicine where subscribed, corrective surgery was booked in a few years later all the while the patient(that we hear speak here) wasn't getting the care that she needed. They heard the word trans and all other possible issues where non-existent so the attention focussed on one thing, now years later she says this is wrong. that is the point.

multitool

Pharaoh
Then you need a better dictionary. It's not called the trans-exclusionary point of view after all.

If you try and patronise me over language you'll get you anus handed to you, Ike. :crazy:

'Gender criticals' are criticising what they refer to as 'gender ideology', ie. the concept of gender as opposed to biological sex. If you don't believe 'gender' is real then logically you will believe that changing gender is an impossibility, or indeed a meaningless concept. Trans gender, Ike.

TERFism is something else entirely. They exclude trans women from their version of feminism.

Apology accepted.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Think you're missing the point, whether you can dispute if it's normal if you can't feel attraction on the way it should be because of medication is an other, the point is more that these medicine where subscribed, corrective surgery was booked in a few years later all the while the patient(that we hear speak here) wasn't getting the care that she needed. They heard the word trans and all other possible issues where non-existent so the attention focussed on one thing, now years later she says this is wrong. that is the point.

I'm not.

icowden

Legendary Member
If you try and patronise me over language you'll get you anus handed to you, Ike. :crazy:
Thanks Susie.
'Gender criticals' are criticising what they refer to as 'gender ideology', ie. the concept of gender as opposed to biological sex. If you don't believe 'gender' is real then logically you will believe that changing gender is an impossibility, or indeed a meaningless concept.
So criticism for you is synonymous with absolute belief. Someone who is gender critical is critical of the notion that the magic gender fairy decides whether you were born in the wrong body at birth. They are not critical of those who have determined that the only way they can move forward with their lives is to try and live as a gender which they are not. They are critical of the use of surgery and hormones to assist those with such disordered thinking, in the same way as people would be critical of surgeons who amputated healthy limbs to satisfy a mental disorder.

TERFism is something else entirely. They exclude trans women from their version of feminism.
Yes I agree.

They are not critical of those who have determined that the only way they can move forward with their lives is to try and live as a gender which they are not. They are critical of the use of surgery and hormones to assist those with such disordered thinking, in the same way as people would be critical of surgeons who amputated healthy limbs to satisfy a mental disorder.

That's not my takeaway from out local GC correspondent or from stuff I see on Mumsnet which is a hotbed of GC/Terfism.

Mumsnet: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

True. I confine myself to the subjects of Money and Benefits where I see myself as doing some 'pro-bono' work.

Rampant terfery was a bit of a surprise but more shocking was the narrow mindedness about platonic relationships with the opposite sex at work. Apparently, particularly if you confide in each other, as friends do, then in you're committing adultery.

I've had a couple of 'work wives' down the years and my OH has close male friends it's just not an issue for us.

icowden

Legendary Member
Rampant terfery was a bit of a surprise
Well obviously. We've spent 569 pages of this topic discussing how @AuroraSaab doesn't speak for all women and the vast majority of women fully support trans issues.

A forum built for and around women seems to have a different point of view. Who'da thunk?

Top Bottom