Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It may be called Mumsnet but the strapline is by parents for parents. I'd say it's mostly female but far from exclusively so.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Well obviously. We've spent 569 pages of this topic discussing how @AuroraSaab doesn't speak for all women and the vast majority of women fully support trans issues.

A forum built for and around women seems to have a different point of view. Who'da thunk?

"By parents, for parents."

@Bromptonaut beat me to it there. But it really isn't a women's only forum, despite the name. It's rightly criticised considering the levels of misandry and transphobia.

The penis dunking thread is hilarious.

icowden

Legendary Member
But it really isn't a women's only forum, despite the name. It's rightly criticised considering the levels of misandry and transphobia.
Yes, someone reported their experience of the Let Women Speak event in Dublin:

I'm Irish, I live in Dublin and I also was really nervous about attending this event. I went with my friend and my husband (because I was that scared, a very new and strange feeling to have in the middle of the day in my capital city!).

Thank goodness it was so well organised and policed that it felt very safe.

There was a man walking around the crowd who was dressed in black and filming the crowd from different angles with his phone. this made me nervous about being identified so I put on a face mask. I then felt paranoid about why I felt the need to do that and so I didn't talk to anyone at the event and subsequently started to feel very upset about the whole thing - thinking to myself why the hell was I standing in a really nice part of Dublin cheering someone saying 'Women don't have penises' ??? how has this happened in Ireland???

I also thought it was such a shame that the other side wouldn't just listen to what the women were saying. No one was hating on trans people.

when I got home I watched videos of what was being said on the other side. They were so pleased with themselves to be fighting this evil enemy that really doesn't exist at all....

wish we could have had a giant screen above the let women speak showing the livestream and with closed captions....
would they be blaring their music and stupid chants when they realise it was just a few women talking about their pain, their trauma, their hurt....?

overall I was glad I went but I was also a bit disappointed with the turnout, I had expected more people to show.
It's almost like the protestors aren't interested in letting women speak. I wonder why they need to silence and control women? Isn't that usually what men get accused of doing?

CXRAndy

Guru
Overall they have done so.

That doesn't mean the trans ideology hasn't tried to undermine women

Fortunately there are a few women who have stood up publicly. These women will give confidence to those far less strong, to group up to form a collective .

Trans has played a clever game, infiltration, inclusiveness, but undermine women's rights, ever so subtly at the start.

It's all out in the public now. Tide is turning

Ian H

Guru
Overall they have done so.

That doesn't mean the trans ideology hasn't tried to undermine women

Fortunately there are a few women who have stood up publicly. These women will give confidence to those far less strong, to group up to form a collective .

Trans has played a clever game, infiltration, inclusiveness, but undermine women's rights, ever so subtly at the start.

It's all out in the public now. Tide is turning

Got all the buzz-words, eh. :laugh:

Got all the buzz-words, eh. :laugh:

All buzz, no sting.

CXRAndy

Guru
John Boyne publicly apologised to Graham Linehan over the Roisin Murphy comments.

"There is no legal reason for me to post this message - in fact, Graham will be as surprised by its appearance as anyone - but I've given a lot of thought to this and realised that all I did in that piece 5 years ago was add to the pile-on of a decent man in a vulnerable place, when I could have used my platform to defend and support him.

"Graham, without equivocation, without excuses, and without evasion: you were right, I was wrong, and I apologise."

Good for him.

Top Bottom