Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
Graham lineham's new book is getting great reviews. Trans are having melt down

Willoughby, "what's wrong with these people"

They've got a sense of humour and huge dose of common sense :laugh:

It's been endorsed by some fellow comedians, hardly "great reviews" from normal punters who've read it.

If Richard Ayoade likes it, I'm quite keen to read it.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's a fair point though. And it's not exactly like Ayoade's association with Linehan is exactly a secret. So why bring it up? Is there some Deep State conspiracy afoot here that we don't know about either?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Ayowade has known Linehan for years and owes a lot of his success to him. Presumably he knows Linehan's views on many things other than gender identity and does not judge him solely on that one issue.

I have friends and family with some views that I do not like but I try to take a broader view of them than just that one issue.

From what I can see Linehan is an ar*ehole in the way he puts over his opinions on this issue, but I know little about his views on many other important social or political issues. Possibly Ayoade does.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's a fair point though. And it's not exactly like Ayoade's association with Linehan is exactly a secret. So why bring it up? Is there some Deep State conspiracy afoot here that we don't know about either?

For some reason I can't edit my post, but by "it" I meant Ayoade's marriage, for clarity.

CXRAndy

Guru
England's women's sea fishing team have refused to take part due to trans being allowed on their squad.

The last time they won a medal and trans was on their team all the other countries refused to talk to them .

Good on these English women for standing up for female only competition

Was this the article they're banging on about?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/09/22/radical-ideology-gender-race-civil-servants-lgbtq-trans/

That's fairly standard CPD stuff, not embedding a "woke" culture.

Spot on. The Firestarter case made clear that you could be a GC feminist but also that there was no carte blanche to do as you like.

JHB etc is part of an attempt to wind the clock back on recognition of minority rights.

If they're allowed to succeed on gender who do we think will be next?

Top Bottom