Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
It's a good article. It would be interesting to see a comparable article about the connection between people who see themselves as trans and the violent anti-feminist movement that is associated with their views. There seems to a be a rough spectrum that goes:-

Nazis -----> Radical TERFS -----> People who support / are tolerant of people who are trans but also want to make sure things are equitable and sensible ---> Transmen and Transwomen ---> People who support trans but think Lesbians should put up and shut up ---> People using Trans as a sexual fetish ---> People who think TERFS should be murdered / raped / silenced

I don't think your spectrum is anything like correct.

icowden

Legendary Member
I don't think your spectrum is anything like correct.
And yet you offer no alternative. Nor any commentary as to what you disagree with.

monkers

Legendary Member
Once Monkers is PM we can ask her what her policies are.

There can't be too many folk who think I could do worse than the current incumbent - it's a low bar indeed. But as the current incumbent and others in the past five years, you no longer have to be elected to the job.

monkers

Legendary Member
Because it's a discussion thread? Isn't that the point? Do you not see different factions within different sides here?
It ain't a spectrum if you make a list of groups - hope this helps.

Out of interest, how many people do you think are in the UK Nazi party?

icowden

Legendary Member
It ain't a spectrum if you make a list of groups - hope this helps.
It is if you try to order those groups between two extreme points. Our extremists are the Nazis on one side and those advocating killing and raping TERFs on the other side. These groups are extremist. It's difficult to work out where the sexual deviants fit in - I've suggested between the TERF killers and those generally who think Trans rights are more important than women's rights.

monkers

Legendary Member
How is that relevant? Do you prefer the word fascist or alt-right instead?

There are no actual Nazis. I got into hot water here for saying 'fascist-like' among some folks. Your other terminology is also a bit of a muddle, eg. 'radical TERFs' - all 'TERFs' are radical. You've completed missed other groupings. Much better to plot your groups on a Venn diagram if you wish to model it.

Top Bottom