Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159

When there are 'Let women speak' rallies, objectors who wear masks can be forced to remove them under.

Wonder if police will enforce this ?

Charlie could video those involved in aggressive behaviour. ;)

If a Section 60AA (Criminal Justice Act 1994) order is in effect, a police officer can demand that any item you are wearing that is mainly used to conceal your identity, is removed. Failure to remove the item can result in an arrest.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 159

British Jujitsu association is having an urgent review. Their men in women's inclusive rules for contact fighting after Martina Navratilova called them Jerks, to boycott participation by women.

They were basing their policy on outdated IOC rules. :rofl:

:banghead:Dopes

AndyRM

Elder Goth
From an article about this:

The British Ju-Jitsu Association Governing Body, said: “The comments made on X by Martina Navratilova are about a video which has nothing to do with the sport regulated by the British Ju-Jitsu Association Governing Body, so we are unable to comment on the video or the social media post.

It continued: "The British Ju Jitsu Association governing body adopted a policy in an attempt to be inclusive and fair. That policy has never needed to be implemented at our national championships as we have not had a trans competitor seek to participate.

"However, we have now identified that the information that our policy was based on, has been superseded and as a result we are now conducting an urgent review of our trans inclusion policy so that it reflects the current thinking.

“The BJJA GB board of directors includes a female director for equality, diversity and inclusion, plus three other female directors, who are some of the highest ranking exponents of Japanese’s Ju-Jitsu in Europe. We are committed to ensuring that our policy is up to date and reflective of the current thinking.”

So, a bit of a non-issue really.

Last edited:
What moron even thinks men don't hit with much more power, have higher density, thicker bones and more muscle mass.

This woman suffered fractured skull fighting a MMA.

I think you are confusing this bout with the fight in which MMA transwoman fighter Fallon Fox claimed to have fractured a woman's skull.

FVwjK_sWQAIQbkz.jpeg

The fuss about GB Jiu-jitsu rules allowing men to enter in the women's category came about because a transwoman, Alice McPike, has begun competing in the US. They recently fought a bout in which their competitor did not not know they would be fighting a male. McPike didn't win but the coverage has brought attention to other orgs who don't protect the female category. Different jiu-jitsu org obviously, setting their own rules, but it makes sense for the GB body to address it now so they don't face a similar McPike/Fallon Fox type moment or find themselves in the same toothpaste-back-in-the-tube position as cycling.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Navratilova needs to make her mind up. I admire and respect her for many reasons, but I do find her position on trans athletes a bit confusing.

She said this in a BBC documentary a couple of years ago:

"But for now, I think we need to include as many transgender athletes as possible within elite sports, while keeping it as level a playing field as possible. Look, society has changed so much. Things evolve, things change and maybe I need to evolve, I need to change. The rules certainly need to evolve. If you don't adapt, you've got problems. And so we'll just keep adapting and try to find a happy way forward."

D

Deleted member 159

She changed her opinion after the ludicrous inclusive Sh!te started

AndyRM

Elder Goth
She changed her opinion after the ludicrous inclusive Sh!te started

How can you identify as "Always Right" when you're constantly wrong?

icowden

Legendary Member
How can you identify as "Always Right" when you're constantly wrong?
I'm not sure he is in this case. She had quite a strong position that it was unfair. She was asked to do a documentary for the BBC and I think possibly a combo of attacks on twitter plus the BBC editorial line showed her as having "changed her position". I'm not sure how much of that was for the benefit of the BBC rather than her actual personal view.

Navratilova had a transwoman coach for a few years in the 80's so it's clear she has no personal axe to grind. Her quote seems fair - encourage trans people into sport but not at the expense of fairness for women and girls. I don't read it as saying men should be allowed in the women's category. The adaption of the rules is happening - protected Womens class, and an Open class. Her views have become more vocal as the numbers have risen and it's become clear it is a bigger issue than governing bodies first imagined.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm not sure he is in this case. She had quite a strong position that it was unfair. She was asked to do a documentary for the BBC and I think possibly a combo of attacks on twitter plus the BBC editorial line showed her as having "changed her position". I'm not sure how much of that was for the benefit of the BBC rather than her actual personal view.

I was more referring to the idea that "ludicrous inclusive sh!te" was somehow a new thing which our "Always Right" correspondent has imagined.

D

Deleted member 159

It became ludicrous when it trampled over girls and women's sport.

Having an open category has allowed trans to participate in sport.

So ticks the inclusive camp

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It became ludicrous when it trampled over girls and women's sport.

Having an open category has allowed trans to participate in sport.

So ticks the inclusive camp

You posted a thing about British ju jitsu, which hasn't had an issue with trans participants.

Navratilova got it wrong, so did you.

Dope.

The jiu-jitsu thing has come to light precisely because it is an issue in other countries and Navratilova is rightly calling out the British org for having similar policies. The scientific evidence is clear that transwomen retain sporting advantages even after taking hormones, so the idea that they should be allowed in the women's category is unfair, and in the case of physical sports like martial arts, dangerous.

Top Bottom