Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
So stop and think before just bashing the keys. If a post starts with the words, 'it's boring playing top trumps' and then provides an example of what they are talking about - then that is what they are talking about, and not some other presumption or your silly invention.
I think you need to go back and find out the rules of top trumps. You can't just add cards from a completely different game. Your "trump" was a non-sequitur.

Having a limited number of women only chess tournaments is related to raising opportunities and the profile of the women's game. It is not done for the same reasons that men are excluded from the Womens category in physical sports, which is fairness and safety. You try to conflate the 2 in order to present it as both insulting to women and bigotry. It isn't.

You can think about yourself however you like. Those self prescribed beliefs about gender identity should not override sex in law however, because your material sex class is on occasion very relevant, especially for women.

icowden

Legendary Member
No it is isn't weird to anyone using emotional intelligence. She is a highly intelligent woman capable of her own self-knowledge. What you can not understand, does not make it woo woo - it means you are failing.
No, what makes it woo woo is the lack of any empirical repeatable scientific evidence that something exists. "non binary" is just a way of saying that you like to do unconventional things as far as I can see. It's unnecessary and reductive as a concept. What we should be doing is normalising things rather than inventing a new category.

Instead of pushing the message that little girls should play with dolls and everything they own should be pink, we should be pushing the message that little girls can play with whatever they want to play with and colours don't have to be gender specific. Let's get rid of the horrible sexualising shirts and trousers and let kids be kids. Then, when you are an adult you can say - you know what I like to play videogames, do sewing and ballet dancing as well as doing weights and driving monster trucks. Or whatever.

icowden

Legendary Member
I'm just wondering what relevance a rapist's clothing has to the offence.
It becomes very important when that person is a transwoman. Before the offence they are a transwoman. Once it has been committed they are a man wearing women's clothing.

That's the message that the press seem to be putting out.

monkers

Legendary Member
Having a limited number of women only chess tournaments is related to raising opportunities and the profile of the women's game. It is not done for the same reasons that men are excluded from the Womens category in physical sports, which is fairness and safety. You try to conflate the 2 in order to present it as both insulting to women and bigotry. It isn't.

You can think about yourself however you like. Those self prescribed beliefs about gender identity should not override sex in law however, because your material sex class is on occasion very relevant, especially for women.

If the existing laws changed your sex or sense of self AS, or mine for that matter then I'd be all over it - but it doesn't - it applies only to those people who are incongruent. It's none of our business, other than the law says that we mustn't behave like twats towards them.

Ian H

Guru
It becomes very important when that person is a transwoman. Before the offence they are a transwoman. Once it has been committed they are a man wearing women's clothing.

That's the message that the press seem to be putting out.

Person of a certain gender commits a crime. How does that extrapolate to all persons of said gender are dangerous?

If the existing laws changed your sex or sense of self AS, or mine for that matter then I'd be all over it - but it doesn't - it applies only to those people who are incongruent. It's none of our business, other than the law says that we mustn't behave like twats towards them.

It is my business when there is a campaign to change (and confuse people about) the current law on single sex spaces and services, the basis of which is to override sex with the nebulous concept of gender identity. There are obvious issues and ramifications for women and girls especially.

Person of a certain gender commits a crime. How does that extrapolate to all persons of said gender are dangerous?

It doesn't mean all men are dangerous but it would be ridiculous to dismiss the fact that men comit almost all sex crimes and crimes of violence. Patterns of offending should inform safeguarding because they are an indicator of who is most at risk, and from whom.

monkers

Legendary Member
It is my business when there is a campaign to change (and confuse people about) the current law on single sex spaces and services, the basis of which is to override sex with the nebulous concept of gender identity. There are obvious issues and ramifications for women and girls especially.

Then explore those in an honest way.

They've been discussed at length in this thread many times. Calling people dishonest, tw*ts, clowns, and morons this morning alone is hardly evidence that you are interested in serious debate.

monkers

Legendary Member
It doesn't mean all men are dangerous but it would be ridiculous to dismiss the fact that men comit almost all sex crimes and crimes of violence. Patterns of offending should inform safeguarding because they are an indicator of who is most at risk, and from whom.

Then I suggest you consider priorities. We are all at much greater risk of harm from the thousands of drivers each day who are variously pissed up, drugged up, sleep deprived, suffer from aggrieved entitlement, or driving while on the phone.

While the government love to portray trans people as freaks and deviants who are damaging society, they simultaneously protect drivers while knowing that few drive well enough to be within the law.

'War on woke' versus 'war on drivers'. Kinda relevant on a cycling forum dontcha think?

monkers

Legendary Member
They've been discussed at length in this thread many times. Calling people dishonest, tw*ts, clowns, and morons this morning alone is hardly evidence that you are interested in serious debate.

These are all words used by Andy. You and he have a similar mindset. You don't challenge him for his language - just those you see as opponents. I see you both.

CXRAndy

Guru
Remember when we were taught as kids about odd looking men and not being enticed to go somewhere with them

Now we have to add in men wearing wigs, makeup, dresses and have a deep voice.

It's all very confusing educating our kids against all these different predatory genders.

Good old days- beware of weird men. I suppose that sentence still holds true today:whistle:

monkers

Legendary Member
Remember when we were taught as kids about odd looking men and not being enticed to go somewhere with them

Now we have to add in men wearing wigs, makeup, dresses and have a deep voice.

It's all very confusing educating our kids against all these different predatory genders.

Good old days- beware of weird men. I suppose that sentence still holds true today:whistle:

AS will be keen to tell you that the predatory sex is men. Do you not fit into that group?

Top Bottom