Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are certainly a few people who like to believe impossible things before breakfast.

CXRAndy

Guru
Monkerd is in the camp of sex is assigned at birth.

Actually sex is confirmed at birth or earlier

:okay:

KISS

Male and female, you can't change sex, no matter what you may think or want.

Those who believe a piece of paper confirming their decision to change sex are mentally ill

classic33

No, they don't. I note you've dropped the 'sex is a spectrum' phrase nonsense but the effect is the same. If you think sex is bimodal then you have the implication that some males are more male than others and some females are more female than others. Which simply isn't true. The least 'manly' male (by whatever metric) is as male as the most manly.

You can only include transwomen in the sex class of Women by using linguistic gymnastics which redefine what the word Woman means.
In which case anything can be redefined to mean anything ...

No, it very obviously doesn't. The conclusion of saying innate gender identity doesn't exist is that sex is a biological category, which you can't opt in and out of at will. Which doesn't matter 99% of the time, but when it does matter it often matters very much.
Don't they?
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-science-of-biological-sex/

monkers

Legendary Member
Monkerd is in the camp of sex is assigned at birth.

Actually sex is confirmed at birth or earlier

:okay:

KISS

Male and female, you can't change sex, no matter what you may think or want.

Those who believe a piece of paper confirming their decision to change sex are mentally ill

Don't presume to know what I think. If you want to know what I think, then actually take the trouble to read and consider what I write.

As is always the case with you, you are wrong.

I have said, sex is recorded at birth by no other method than the presence of a visible penis. This method works most of the time, but not all of the time. If it's so important to accurately establish at birth, why isn't a more reliable method used?

''Sex assigned at birth'' appears in legal jargon. If one is referencing what the law says, then this is the thing to say. It is not evidence that I am of that opinion.

Neither have I ever said that it is possible to change every aspect of a person's sex. The record here shows.

What I have said is that the law provides for people to apply for state recognition of the gender identity which is one aspect of their self-knowledge. It also provides that their birth certificate be altered to ensure that the legal paperwork is congruent. In this way the legal sex of the person is changed to be a congruent identity with their gender identity.

So thicko, if you have nothing more than ignorance and bigotry, then you should just fark off.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
If you can't change it then there are only males and females. You are what you are when born.

A simple observation is sufficient in 99.999° % of births, it would be just cruel to subject a child to a blood test/swab when a quick look confirms.

If you become confused, normally amplified by social influence, then psychological/psychiatric care is recommended. By the time the person is in their early 20s they're happy with their body and commonly exhibit either lesbian or gay attraction.

There is no need to chop of healthy body parts, take life long hormone altering drugs.

Just give it time 👍

99% of the time it doesn't matter how someone identifies, I agree.
Yes, we have agreed to this extent before. Where we differ, I think, is in allowing the 1% (your figure, but we can use it for the sake of argument) of contentious situations to dominate the discussion.

My general approach is to ask: if there are conflicting rights or even risks of harm, what can be done to reduce them that doesn’t lead to greater overall discrimination or pain?

Unfortunately compromise solutions, like additional spaces and services or the Open category in sports, are generally rejected by transactivists. As are language compromises, like saying 'women and transmen'.

Edit: I'll also add that No Debate has been the policy of just about every transactivist group, including Stonewall, for a decade.

Last edited:

classic33

Unfortunately compromise solutions, like additional spaces and services or the Open category in sports, are generally rejected by transactivists. As are language compromises, like saying 'women and transmen'.

Edit: I'll also add that No Debate has been the policy of just about every transactivist group, including Stonewall, for a decade.
And that's been your own stance all along.

Take a long hard look in that mirror.

Top Bottom