Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
There is no reference at all to anything even remotely like that in the guardian article you linked to.
This was a horrible crime and there remain many questions to be asked such as how two teenagers under 16 managed to purchase a 13cm hunting knife. Drugs were also involved.

They didn't kill her because they saw something on Tiktok.

Good grief, did you even read it? I know you don't read my posts properly, but how you manage to write this as a reply is frankly beyond me.

icowden

Legendary Member
Nobody has said that gender identity is cemented into a reality that they can be articulate by toddlers in nappies
I'm pretty sure that you have previously stated that gender identity is innate from birth. Are you now saying that it is a product of nurture and not nature?

The whole exercise is a complete waste of time and money. This is why I support the Scottish proposal. It may be less than perfect but then every system is. At least the Scottish proposal shortens the time from 24 to 6 months, drops the faux diagnosis nonsense, and instead looks to filter out rogue cases - much more sensible.
I'm not sure how dropping the need for a diagnosis helps. But then I'm not sold on the idea of GRC, mostly because the point of it seems to be to pretend that someone is something that they are not by using surgery and medication to provide a cosmetic change to appearance - and in some cases bodily functions.

I'm genuinely interested in the answer to this question - what benefit does a GRC really have? Is the sole benefit to give someone who is Trans a piece of paper to cling to? Men can marry and have relationships with men or women and vice versa and choose how to live their lives however they want. The only other benefit of a GRC would seem to be for people who have previously been men to be able to gain access to spaces that they were previously not legally allowed to access, and this seems very questionable.

Here's you saying gender identity is innate. Now you're saying it's not.

Screenshot_20231128_094219_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231128_094123_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231128_094055_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231128_093939_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
I'm not sure how dropping the need for a diagnosis helps. But then I'm not sold on the idea of GRC, mostly because the point of it seems to be to pretend that someone is something that they are not by using surgery and medication to provide a cosmetic change to appearance - and in some cases bodily functions.

How can you do your job and not know? Wait a minute you do know, don't you? You know that the world's experts on this gave evidence to the WHO whereupon it was decided that gender incongruence is not a mental illness and therefore no diagnosis of mental illness is possible.

monkers

Legendary Member
In the UK our culture gender identity is innate, but not from birth perhaps but certainly it seems often before toddlers are fully aware of sexual difference.

Here is me from just last night, saying that gender identity is not innate from birth.

Which pair of words do children have any meaningful sense of earliest, 'boys and girls', or 'males and females'?

Now you're having to redefine the meaning of 'innate' as well as of 'woman' in order to make an argument.

Innate means there from birth. Something cannot be innate if it starts when you're a toddler, a teenager, or any other age.

Here is me from just last night, saying that gender identity is not innate from birth.

That's the point. You've completely contradicted yourself in 24 hours. You've always insisted gender identity is innate. Now you're saying it isn't.

monkers

Legendary Member
Now you're having to redefine the meaning of 'innate' as well as of 'woman' in order to make an argument.

Innate means there from birth. Something cannot be innate if it starts when you're a toddler, a teenager, or any other age.

That's the point. You've completely contradicted yourself in 24 hours. You've always insisted gender identity is innate. Now you're saying it isn't.

My posts say that the WHO say that gender identity is innate. 'Innate' can mean 'from birth' but it doesn't have to, it has other definitions.

Example:
: originating in or derived from the mind or the constitution of the intellect rather than from experience

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dic...ng to,,individual from birth : native, inborn

Now find an example where I say that in my opinion gender identity is innate from birth as has been claimed.

icowden

Legendary Member
How can you do your job and not know?
Well quite easily really. I move data and create analytics reports. I'm not a medical professional.

You know that the world's experts on this gave evidence to the WHO whereupon it was decided that gender incongruence is not a mental illness and therefore no diagnosis of mental illness is possible.
We already had this discussion. This is the SNOMED tree for Gender Identity Disorder (also Gender Identity Incongruence - synonym)

SNOMED CT Concept (SNOMED RT+CTV3)
Clinical finding (finding)
Disease (disorder)
Mental disorder (disorder)
Identity disorder (disorder)
Gender identity disorder (disorder)

The only change that the WHO have agreed to is in ICD11 (which is not yet in use in most Trusts) where it has been moved from Mental Health to Sexual Health. It is still a diagnosis. It was moved there to address stigma. If you have gender incongruence you will still be seen by mental health professionals in a mental health setting and not in your local Sexual Health clinic.

Gender Dysphoria (incongruence - synonym) is classified by the WHO in SNOMED as a Mental Disorder. This is the overarching system used throughout the world.

monkers

Legendary Member
Well quite easily really. I move data and create analytics reports. I'm not a medical professional.

We already had this discussion. This is the SNOMED tree for Gender Identity Disorder (also Gender Identity Incongruence - synonym)

SNOMED CT Concept (SNOMED RT+CTV3)
Clinical finding (finding)
Disease (disorder)
Mental disorder (disorder)
Identity disorder (disorder)
Gender identity disorder (disorder)

The only change that the WHO have agreed to is in ICD11 (which is not yet in use in most Trusts) where it has been moved from Mental Health to Sexual Health. It is still a diagnosis. It was moved there to address stigma. If you have gender incongruence you will still be seen by mental health professionals in a mental health setting and not in your local Sexual Health clinic.

Gender Dysphoria (incongruence - synonym) is classified by the WHO in SNOMED as a Mental Disorder. This is the overarching system used throughout the world.

This is less about what classification you place it under in your tree; it is more about the declaration made by the WHO on the nature of gender incongruence.

The WHO moved gender incongruence out of the mental health category, does that alone not give you a whiff of the fact that they no longer consider gender incongruence to be a mental health condition? And if it is not a mental health condition, how is a diagnosis of a mental health condition possible? And yet, there are a number of you claiming that it is, without any expertise between you.

So here is you in the first line of your reply,''I'm not a medical professional'' but still objecting to Self-ID. Now why is that?

icowden

Legendary Member
The WHO moved gender incongruence out of the mental health category, does that alone not give you a whiff of the fact that they no longer consider gender incongruence to be a mental health condition? And if it is not a mental health condition, how is a diagnosis of a mental health condition possible? And yet, there are a number of you claiming that it is, without any expertise between you.
Because I can read a coding system which clearly states that a disorder of Gender Incongruence is a mental health disorder. I can also understand that treatment for said disorder is provided by Mental Health Services. It doesn't matter what the WHO decided to do with ICD11. That's almost completely irrelevant as it's just a coding system. There seems to be an active movement to de-pathologise Gender Incongruence and treat it the same as homosexuality.

What isn't clear is why.

icowden

Legendary Member
So here is you in the first line of your reply,''I'm not a medical professional'' but still objecting to Self-ID. Now why is that?
Because there are still concerns that necessary safeguards need to be in place to prevent people with sexual fetishes carrying them out in public under the guise of being Trans.

monkers

Legendary Member
Because there are still concerns that necessary safeguards need to be in place to prevent people with sexual fetishes carrying them out in public under the guise of being Trans.

Oh so it's back to your moral code that those people who don't do it in the missionary position with the lights off while wearing winceyette pyjamas are all perverts.

What 'sexual fetishes' are trans people going to do in public after Self-ID that they can't do already?

Top Bottom