Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
I don't happen to agree. It was mostly attempted character assassination. Fortunately it will fail, because Bromptonaut has form only for being a gentleman.
Well obviously you don't agree. My point was that we have different points of view. There was no character assassination. It was mostly horses for courses. It started with @Bromptonaut making a comment that some might see as snide. @AuroraSaab replied in kind. I think both of them had a robust, albeit slightly impolite discussion and neither of them seem to have lost their temper or thrown the toys out of the proverbial.

But that's just my point of view. We are all entitled to differing views and to express them. Also to make retractions or alterations. Aurora's point is that there is only one cadre of people who repeatedly try to silence different points of view around this topic. This is something that we should challenge and question. As I have said before - silencing viewpoints you disagree with is usually a tool of fascism and totalitarianism.

You've said feminist women are inviting Nazis to their events
(or at least regularly appear at)
I’m not going to waste time looking for evidence to justify any particular definition of ‘regularly’ so if it matters to you I will withdraw that word.

I wasn't talking about people on here as you know.
Are you sure it wasn’t an attempt to mischaracterise people or their positions here? You do have a history of doing so, as has been pointed out by several posters.

She goes way beyond strongly. She has, for example, repeatedly impugned my motives for being on Mumsnet.
Not really. I said I didn't know why you would be on a forum for Mums. Both you and Andy pointed out it's more of a general parents forum these days, so that's fair enough.

I'd probably be oversensitive to openly say she was accusing me of going there to 'perve off' but I've had those vibes.

I don't think you go there to 'perve off' (not a phrase I'm familiar with but no need to explain). I think you do sound like you want a medal for doing what a million people do every day, including on CC, which is give their unsolicited thoughts on stuff on the Internet.

What I mostly think though is that you are completely oblivious to how strongly many women feel about these issues and how insulting your views might appear to them.

monkers

Legendary Member
Well obviously you don't agree. My point was that we have different points of view. There was no character assassination. It was mostly horses for courses. It started with @Bromptonaut making a comment that some might see as snide. @AuroraSaab replied in kind. I think both of them had a robust, albeit slightly impolite discussion and neither of them seem to have lost their temper or thrown the toys out of the proverbial.

But that's just my point of view. We are all entitled to differing views and to express them. Also to make retractions or alterations. Aurora's point is that there is only one cadre of people who repeatedly try to silence different points of view around this topic. This is something that we should challenge and question. As I have said before - silencing viewpoints you disagree with is usually a tool of fascism and totalitarianism.

Read it again - only this time more slowly.

I’m not going to waste time looking for evidence to justify any particular definition of ‘regularly’ so if it matters to you I will withdraw that word.
What matters is that you parroted the GC feminists = Nazi association with no evidence whilst demanding evidence from me. You now seem reluctant to back up your allegation, regular or not.

Are you sure it wasn’t an attempt to mischaracterise people or their positions here? You do have a history of doing so, as has been pointed out by several posters.

I would have said people on here if I meant people on here. I have no idea if people on here are transactivists in their wider activities. It would be impossible to know. Simply posting on a 10 person bike forum isn't any kind of activism, trans or otherwise.

Not really. I said I didn't know why you would be on a forum for Mums. Both you and Andy pointed out it's more of a general parents forum these days, so that's fair enough.

I don't think you go there to 'perve off' (not a phrase I'm familiar with but no need to explain). I think you do sound like you want a medal for doing what a million people do every day, including on CC, which is give their unsolicited thoughts on stuff on the Internet.

What I mostly think though is that you are completely oblivious to how strongly many women feel about these issues and how insulting your views might appear to them.

Thank you for the first limb.

I don't want a medal but since you repeated the initial offence at #9939 accusing me of lurking in the feminists bits of M/net I had to respond.

I'll stick with my 'pro bono' label thank you. If you don't like it I'm sorry.

I'm not remotely oblivious as to how women on your side of the aisle think, how could I be?

I just disagree.

CXRAndy

Guru
You think it's others with the insulting behaviour? Have a read back at what you've just written - it's really aggressive.

Eh,, You must be really, really sensitive. There is nothing aggressive.

It's like everyone is at the level of heightened outraged over every phrase or comment.

Chill a bit, 😜

Some people have edited posts. See #9939 as is now and the original quoted at #9949.

So? I took out a bit of superfluous information within a couple of minutes of posting. Hardly a criminal offence and it doesn't affect the rest of the post.

I'm not remotely oblivious as to how women on your side of the aisle think, how could I be? I just disagree.

I know you do because you answer concerns about single sex spaces with:

Because they are women. Next?

You're continually patronising and have no idea how dismissive of women this looks. You say you know what women think yet remain surprised the members of Mumsnet disagree with you.

You know that women disagree with you but it doesn't seem that you really get why they disagree. Other than that women's views are 'alarming' and transactivists are just 'wee gremlins'.

(Edited for clarity)

So? I took out a bit of superfluous information within a couple of minutes of posting. Hardly a criminal offence and it doesn't affect the rest of the post.

I know you do because you answer concerns about single sex spaces with:

You're continually patronising and have no idea how dismissive of women this looks. You say you know what women think yet remain surprised the members of Mumsnet disagree with you.

You know that women disagree with you but it doesn't seem that you really get why they disagree. Other than that women's views are 'alarming' and transactivists are just 'wee gremlins'.

(Edited for clarity)

As I said before you're like my late Mother - soo needy for the last word.

One thing I learned there was that it's not worth getting in an undignified scramble over.

You've had it.

CXRAndy

Guru
As I said before you're like my late Mother - soo needy for the last word.

One thing I learned there was that it's not worth getting in an undignified scramble over.

You've had it.

I see domineered by your mother. No need to cling onto those pent up frustrations, they will eat you up from the inside

Let it go 😁

Top Bottom